esatpil
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Bose 700 Soundbar issues ARC

Hi Bose, can you please fix up the ARC issue. Very unhappy with my purchase as I keep losing audio. Followed your suggestions from other posts but none work and it's not my TV.

Why should I settle for optical when I spent £1800 for this setup. Come on, we need a fix, this destroyed weekend and not acceptable.

Just to add, this started suddenly from last week according to my son. Was there a firmware update recently that has now broken the unit.

5 REPLIES 5
Christian Beck
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Soundbar issues ARC

I am having the same issue too. I called and talked to Bose twice and both times it was fixed but first time it took a full factory reset and the second I had to unplug HDMI(TV and Sound Bar) and unplug the power cables to both TV and Sound Bar. It once again I lost audio from the TV. The only thing I have been able to tie together is that after I have played music from another source (Apple Music, Amazon music using alexa) the TV loses connection and stops working. The app will say "playing from TV" but there is no sound. Bose help!!

Jmm17
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

I lose sound almost daily now with the 700 hooked up to my Sony A9F. I only have a single input which is my IQ4 FOXTEL box. I need to hard power off my TV, the Foxtel box and the sound bar 700 when it occurs. This sometimes fixes it. I can’t use the optical out as that is needed to drive a Oticon streamer. This product is not working properly and I am currently not a fan of the ARC functionality which frankly just doesn’t work for me. 

Christian Beck
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

More Info for Bose:

I have a Samsung UN55H8000AF. I am connected to the sound bar using the Bose supplied HDMI cable into my ARC connection source on the TV. I currently have sound through the sound bar but using my Samsung remote doesn't do anything except turn up the TV volume. Basically I have TV audio coming through the sound bar and audio coming from the the TV speakers. 

esatpil
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Hi All,

Today I called Bose UK and after 3 failed calls and to say I am not impressed is an understatement. I was given a lecture about HDMI ERC standards and compatibility with our Smart TV's. Sorry Bose, I dont accept that.

Everyone is complaining and your support team is trying to find excuses instead of fixing the issue. I will not accept optical as an option and I hope that owners across the globe can take this up a notch and get this resolved.

Unacceptable.

Christian Beck
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Bose Team:

Why at 1:24 Pm CST, San Antonio, There have been about 6 responses to other post in this "home Theater" section, but not one response to this thread? Any info would be helpful.