Highlighted
MarlP1234
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 21, 2018

Bose 700 Sub Level Adjustment and AdapiQ

I have of course run the AdaptiQ measurement sequence..... All good.

The system sounds fine and I can adjust the bass with the +/- tweak on the Bose Music app.

However I am am not sure what this is doing. Maybe it sounds like an EQ thing rather than a level change? 

I would like to be able to tweak the Sub level up quite a lot (something to give me options up to +10dB relative) and I dont feel I have the control I need for that.

I am not saying I would use the +10dB but I think I would look for maybe +6dB of it. 

Why do we not have more control of the system?

Clearly the AdaptiQ is EQing the system and level stepping the components (I can hear it step the rear volume during the measurement phase). For all I know it might be time-aliging the sub to soundbar for best additive crossover point energy. The frequency sweep being used could provide impulse resonse and get to the time domain. But thats some serious work to automate that. 

So it's intelligent stuff so why can we not see the end result and tweak it?

I am an audio systems design professional. I bought the 700 system because it was simply the best sounding bar I heard in the shops and I wanted a compact setup (for that I thank you). It sounds great in my room but I could make it sound fantastic with more access to it's DSP. If you know what you are doing then your ear/brain system is way better than a mic on your head.....

So sub level control and EQ tweaks please!

2 REPLIES 2
gongai
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2018

Re: Bose 700 Sub Level Adjustment and AdapiQ

Totally agree to this and fuill suport for this feature request.

Pls give us more control.

Bubbaloo
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 24, 2018

Re: Bose 700 Sub Level Adjustment and AdapiQ

Hey. Are you able to hear the bass at all? I just got the 700 Bose bass module but it just sounds so low. The sound bar bass sounds even stronger.