Bose 700 soundbar won’t disconnect from bluetooth

SOLVED
Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Bose 700 soundbar won’t disconnect from bluetooth

Hi,

i was listening to music via my IPad through my soundbar last night and this morning I went to turn it on to watch tv through it and it automatically searches for Bluetooth even though I am no longer connected via Bluetooth and no matter what I do, it won’t get out of that mode. What’s wrong? I also can’t pair up Bose Remote. I deleted the Bose from my Bluetooth list on my iPad but, that didn’t help. I also unplugged the soundbar and plugged it back in and that didn’t do anything 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Bose 700 soundbar won’t disconnect from bluetooth

Hi arohn18

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the issues, but would be happy to help!

If Bluetooth was the last source playing before it was shut off, that's what should come up the next time it's powered on, so this sounds like normal behavior.  The odd part here is it sounds like the remote lost it's pairing with the soundbar which is why you can't switch sources.  Was the remote working fine before using Bluetooth last evening, or has it never connected to the soundbar?

I would recommend following the accepted solution HERE to clear the remote's memory and should allow you to re-pair with the soundbar through the app. 

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Hi arohn18

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the issues, but would be happy to help!

If Bluetooth was the last source playing before it was shut off, that's what should come up the next time it's powered on, so this sounds like normal behavior.  The odd part here is it sounds like the remote lost it's pairing with the soundbar which is why you can't switch sources.  Was the remote working fine before using Bluetooth last evening, or has it never connected to the soundbar?

I would recommend following the accepted solution HERE to clear the remote's memory and should allow you to re-pair with the soundbar through the app. 

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Audible Advocate

Hi Tony,

No, the remote actually has never paired. I also deleted the app and had to reinstall it and for some reason I can’t get the soundbar to pair with it. Could that be because the surround sound speakers are already hooked up from before? Another issue I’m having is that my smart tv won’t recognize the soundbar either because I can’t turn on the soundbar so the tv can “see it” due to the issue I’m having with the app. There’s gotta be a simple fix to all of this but, I’m getting frustrated because i don’t know what that is. 

Thanks

Hello arohn18,

If the steps provided by Tuny_A did not resolve the issue and you're still unable to pair the remote, I would suggest contacting technical support via phone.

If you go here, select your region, scroll to the bottom of the page and select "Contact Us."

Regards,

Joel 

Audible Advocate

Believe or not and I don’t know how but, I finally got the app to work right again and the remote to pair up! Once I got it paired I hit the tv icon and managed to get the system out of Bluetooth pairing mode and the system works perfectly now! Once out of pairing mode it immediately recognized my tv I now have tv sound coming through it.

Hi arohn18,

Wow, I'm glad it's working now!

That is indeed odd, but I appreciate the follow-up. 

Let us know how you enjoy it.

Have a good weekend.

Regards,

Joel