mrc00per
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 9, 2018

Bose 901 Series VI in line with Onkyo EQ-35

I have a preamp with a Tape1 and Tape 2 input Onkyo P-302 Preamp and M504 Poweramp.  I aslo have a series VI 901 equalizer connected through the Tape 1 (DAT).  I am trying to add an Onkyo EQ-35 into the system. What would be the best way to inorporate this piece of harware?  

I have considard comming out of the Tape Connection Lines from the 901 EQ and into the Onkyo EQ-35. The use the tape button on the front of the Bose eq.  Would this be the way, or is their a better way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Bose 901 Series VI in line with Onkyo EQ-35

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Zoe_C

Hi mrc00per,

Thanks for writing in!  

Yes, the Tape connections on the 901 EQ should be able to help you loop in the Onkyo EQ-35.  One thing I did want to mention though, is that the 901 EQ has a very large increase in the bass/treble frequencies compared to a normal EQ to provide the 901's their great performance while using 4" drivers.  Adding more to these frequencies could potentially cause issues with the speakers.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Zoe_C

Hi mrc00per,

Thanks for writing in!  

Yes, the Tape connections on the 901 EQ should be able to help you loop in the Onkyo EQ-35.  One thing I did want to mention though, is that the 901 EQ has a very large increase in the bass/treble frequencies compared to a normal EQ to provide the 901's their great performance while using 4" drivers.  Adding more to these frequencies could potentially cause issues with the speakers.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Santa01
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

AHH, that makes sence. I was wondering the same thing. I am also needing to add an amp.