Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 24, 2017

Bose 901 VI in a Pioneer AV Receiver

Hi

I would like to know if it is possible to connect my BOSE 901 Serie VI to the Pioneer VSX-LX302-B. As the columns have to work with your Equalizer, you should know if you can do the following:
Send all sources (net, Bluetooth, phono, cd, etc.) LESS A AUDIO IN for Zone 2 / Pre Out, from here to Bose EQ, from BOSE EQ exit to enter the AUDIO IN that had been free for the MAIN, with the speakers connected to the FRONT outputs.
If not, what are the alternatives for this setup...

Best regards

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Bose 901 VI in a Pioneer AV Receiver

Hi NPais, 

Thank you for the question. I took a look at the back panel of this receiver but unfortunately it does not have the necessary connections needed to work with the 901 EQ. It does have a Zone 2 pre-out, but this can't be tied back into one of the source inputs. The pre-out/main in connections on compatible receivers usually have these connections present for each dedicated channel (C,Front L&R, Rear L&R) to give you control over exactly what hits each set of speakers. A good example of this is the NAD T 754 (I have attached a picture to elaborate). The only alternatives would be to find a receiver that has these connections or a stereo receiver that has a tape monitor path that we could use. Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Kind Regards

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 24, 2017

Hi Brent,

I received my Pioneer VSX-LX302 today. I tried to do what I said in the previous message and ... it works !!!
What did I do:
I connected the EQ (amplifier connection) to Zone2 / Pre-Out and enter on one of the analogue inputs (ex CD).
The source I want to listen to Zone2 (ex Bluetooth, USB, Phono) that goes to the Bose EQ and in the main I put in CD ... and what enters, goes through BOSE EQ 🙂

Maybe a solution for many people o loves the Bose 901 Speakers...

Best Regards

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi NPais,

That is great to hear! Please let us know if you have any other questions! 

Thank you 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 17, 2017

my stereo system.jpgIMAG2453.jpgIMAG2450.jpg

@NPais wrote:

Hi Brent,

I received my Pioneer VSX-LX302 today. I tried to do what I said in the previous message and ... it works !!!
What did I do:
I connected the EQ (amplifier connection) to Zone2 / Pre-Out and enter on one of the analogue inputs (ex CD).
The source I want to listen to Zone2 (ex Bluetooth, USB, Phono) that goes to the Bose EQ and in the main I put in CD ... and what enters, goes through BOSE EQ 🙂

Maybe a solution for many people o loves the Bose 901 Speakers...

Best Regards

I have two sets of the Bose 901 Vi series. If you set them up correctly, you will always be happy with them. Owner of Bose 901's since 1979.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi marvinf,

Wow! Thanks for sharing these pictures! That is quite an impressive setup. We're glad to hear you've been enjoying the 901s for so long! 

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2018

Thank you @NPais!

I've had my 901 Series V for over 30 years but they've been sitting unused for the past 5.

I recently set-up a ping-pong area and wanted some music but, until I stumbled upon your post, didn't know how to connect them to my Sony STR-DE985 and take advantage of the Bose Equalizer.

Your instructions worked! SO easily, too, I might add!

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!    MY 901s LIVE!!!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 17, 2017

I am very glad that I was able to help you. I always want to help other Bose 901 owners. Enjoy your great listening experience. Set them up according to the instructions by Bose as close as possible. Then later on experiment with moving them.Bose power amp and pre amp.Bose power amp and pre amp.Bose 901 VI (Set number 1)Bose 901 VI (Set number 1)Bose 901 Vi (Set number  2)Bose 901 Vi (Set number 2)My stereo system.My stereo system.Some of my turntables.Some of my turntables.