irvb
Participant
Registered since

Jun 28, 2016

Bose 901's and SA 4 amp

I have a SA 4 system and just bought vintage 901's. I would like to connect these speakers somehow but see the SA 4 system is for passive speakers only. Is there a way I can add these speakers to my system?

3 REPLIES 3
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Bose 901's and SA 4 amp

Hi irvb, 

Thank you for the question. The SA-4 won't work to connect to a pair of 901 speakers. The 901s need their active EQ to be placed in line with the audio signal or you the speakers won't get any high or low frequencies. Unfortunately the SA-4 does not have the proper connections to do this. You'll need a receiver with either Pre-amp out / Main In connections, or a tape monitor path that you could patch into. 

Kind Regards,

Brent 

irvb
Participant
Registered since

Jun 28, 2016

Brent, there must be a way to utilize the 901's ?  Are there additional components I can add to my system so I can enjoy my soundtouch app and deezer??????

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi irvb, 

Yes! The best way to use the SoundTouch app and Deezer with a pair of 901s would be to get a compatible receiver and connect a SoundTouch Wireless Link to the receiver. The Wireless Link will then handle the connection to your network and allow you to access all of the SoundTouch features through the great 901 sound. We have a list of compatible receivers on the support page for the 901s HERE if you scroll down to the "Manual" section. Any other stereo receiver that has a pre amp out/ main in connection or a tape monitor path, would also work. 

Thank you