Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 28, 2017

Bose 901 series iv speaker/foam replacement

I have a chance to purchase Bose 901 series IV speakers and equalizer at a rummage sale. Unfortunately the foam in each speaker is disintegrating and needs to be replaced.  How big a job is it to replace all the speakers and foam. Is it costly? Can a do it yourself person perform the replacement?

Thanks,

Jack

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Bose 901 series iv speaker/foam replacement

Hi Jack, 

Unfortunately we don't have any replacement speaker foam kits sold from Bose, but a quick Google search does show that other companies are selling these. I would recommend directing your question to the seller of the kit that you are interested in to see if they could possibly provide some guidance or even a copy of the instructions. I hope this helps. 

Thank you 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 11, 2018

Re: Bose 901 series iv speaker/foam replacement

hi jack, 

the best place to purchase what you need is at simply speakers.com, they offer 2 options to do the job your self those being foam surrounds or cloth surrounds. myself i chose to use the cloth surrounds to repair my 901's since the the cloth surrounds are made to last a life time. they also have videos on their web site that show you exactly how to do the job. best of luck to ya, MARK