Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2017

Bose 901

I’m currently looking for a new receiver that’s compatible with the Bose 901 and eq setup. I’m looking for a receiver made within the last few years, to replace the receiver of mine that just died. I tried looking on Bose reciever list, but their recommendations only go up to 2014.

Thanks for any help.
Rob
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Bose 901

Hi Rob, 

Thanks for the post! I'd like to open this up to the community. We'd really love to hear from any 901 users if they have a recently manufactured receiver they use, and if they're happy with it. As you can tell from our list, we have used mostly older models. If there's anyone out there who has any input, let us know! 

Kind Regards

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2017

Hello Brent B,

This is Midway, I was looking for NPais to let him know that I tried the setup with the 901s that he told me about and it is working. He told me to connect the EQ (amplifier connection) to zone2/ Pre-Out and enter on one of the analog inputs (ex CD). I wanted to give him my thanks because he saved me some money for speakers. I received the RZ 3100 today so I just set it up and this was the reason for the delay.

R/

William.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Midway,

We appreciate the feedback and are happy to see everything is working for you.

Thank you,

Joel - Bose Support

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 24, 2017

Hi Midway

I'm glad it work's... 🙂

When I have some time I'm gone trie to make a scheme for all... with images and the Pioneer app which is the best way to control this setup (in this case with de Pioneer Receiver).

Happy New Year for all...

Nicolau Pais

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2018

I'm faced the the same problem with my Denon AVR-790 and my Bose 901 equalizer. My question is if I connect the equalizer to zone 2 output and external CD input, which input do I connect my external CD player to?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello nctrejo,

I would not suggest to connect it to zone 2, since this is not a complete loop connection. This particular amplifier is not compatible with the 901's. I would suggest to look at the amp mentioned above by the other users.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 24, 2017

Hi nctrejo,

I think you can hook the EQ to any analogue audio input... if you use a CD player, hook the EQ (out) to the DVR or DVD input...