Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

Bose Acoustimass 6 Series 3 And Apple TV 4k

Hi, can I hook my Apple Tv4k to an older Acoustimass 6 series three for real 5.1 surround? Maybe through my receiver, not sure really how to do this. Let me know what you think? Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Bose Acoustimass 6 Series 3 And Apple TV 4k

It depends on your receiver and your TV.  You can connect an Apple TV to your TV or a receiver and then connect the receiver to your TV.  You can connect your Bose to a receiver or maybe directly to your TV.  It really depends on how new or old your TV and receiver are and what connections they have.  Use HDMI from the Apple TV to your TV or your receiver.  Use HDMI from the receiver to the TV.  Connect the Bose to the TV HDMI ARC or receiver using whatever type connectors it has.

Highlighted

Re: Bose Acoustimass 6 Series 3 And Apple TV 4k

Hi Nbaczek, 

Thank you for reaching out! 

@Xyz987 is absolutely correct, you can plug your Apple TV into either your receiver or directly into your TV. Either way will still give you audio through your Bose system.

I hope this helps! 

Have a great day!

Jessie - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!