Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2019

Bose Acoustimass 6 -series III Setup

I have this the Bose Acoustimass 6 Series III home theater system. It is over 10 years old but still works perfectly.  However we had a Yamaha AV Reciever (HTR-5760) and we no longer have it. Trying to figure out if I should get a new reciever or just get a bose soundbar. I don't want to spend a lot of money and have anything too complicated. We have a 65" Samsung 4k and we just want the sound for that and to listen to music some times. 

What would you recommend? 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose Acoustimass 6 -series III Setup

Hi Kelly62,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm glad to hear that your Acoustimass 6 series III system is still going strong after 10 years!

Though we cannot recommend a specific brand or receiver, there are many options out there depending on your preference and what you wish to get out of your system. A new receiver is going to be your cheaper option if you looking to keep things within a budget, and your Acoustimass system is a 5.1 system and you won't have the same surround experience if you go to a SoundBar. 

Overall, receivers range in complexity. If you are familiar with Yamaha then potentially stay with them, these receivers work very well with our systems. I have included a LINK HERE to the AV receivers on the Yamaha page to give you an idea of what's available to you. 

I hope this helps, Let me know if you have any further questions or if there is anything I can help with. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!