sett_61
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 10, 2018

Bose CineMate 15 Connectivity with Sony Bravia TV with HDMI ARC Output

HI,

I am about to purchase a new Sony Bravia TV which has HDMI ARC Output and need to connect to my Bose Cinemate 15.

Now the point of concern is Bose Cinemate has digital audio and digital coaxial input input, whereas my TV has only HDMI ARC output.

Now how can I connect my TV with Bose Cinemate to get digital quality sound. I am not preffering to Analog Audio, I prefer digital quality sound. 

I heard of some HDMI ARC to Coaxial digital Audio converter, will that help ?

Or suggested me some other suitable options to go with.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bose CineMate 15 Connectivity with Sony Bravia TV with HDMI ARC Output

Hello sett_61,

To our knowledge, all new Sony Bravia's should have an optical output. It may just be labeled digital output? If you want us to look into a specific model let us know. We hope this helps, thanks for asking and have a great day.

Best Regards,

Emmet -Community Support

sett_61
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 10, 2018

HI Emmet,

The Model I am planning to buy is for Sony Bravia India 32 inch Smart Full HD TV and the model # w672f-series. Please find the link below:

https://www.sony.co.in/electronics/televisions/w672f-series

Please let me know what can be the alternative , if I dont have the digital audio out.

Highlighted

Hi sett_61,

This one doesn't have a dedicated digital output but the headphone jack doubles as an optical output. The "Side Hybrid with Headphone Out, Audio Out and Subwoofer Out" can use a Toslink to Mini Toslink Cable to connect to the optical input of the Cinemate. 

Best Regards,

Emmet -Community Support

sett_61
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 10, 2018

Hi Emmet,

Will the "Toslink to Mini Toslink Cable" provide digital audio, since I am more concerned over the surround sound from my Bose speaker ?

Also let me know if HDMI ARC Switcher can be a suitable option. Please find the below link for such switcher:

https://www.amazon.com/Extractor-Splitter-Switcher-Selector-Projector/dp/B07G6B42G3/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_4...

Regards,

Shouvik

Community Manager

Hi sett_61

Thank for the reply!

I would definitely recommend using the cable that Emmett mentioned earlier.  This is a digital optical cable just with a different connector to fit the side port of the TV.  Since this is a digital cable, it will pass Dolby Digital or DTS from the TV.  Using the HDMI switcher could introduce some different issues as you're creating another connection before the signal gets to the TV.  

Let us know if you have further questions!

Warm Regards

Tony A