cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlanMorrison
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2020

Bose CineMate 15: Optical + Coax Digital Audio Inputs?

Our Cinemate 15 doesn't seem to switch between two different inputs. I've got our Blu-Ray player feeding coax digital audio into the Bose, and our Xfinity cable box feeding optical digital audio into the Bose. Either one works individually, but if both cables are connected to the Bose at the same time, we get no audio. 

Right now we have to manually unplug the coax from the Bose to hear audio from the cable box. And if we want to play a Blu-Ray disc, we have to manually unplug the optical cable from the cable box and plug in the coax from the Blu-Ray player. 

Any way to make this work the way it seemingly should?

Located in: United States

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Bose CineMate 15: Optical + Coax Digital Audio Inputs?

Author Accepted Answer selected by AlanMorrison

This is a single input device.  The idea is that everything plugs into the TV and that outputs to the Bose.

There are two types of input in case the TV doesn't have the best one.  And it is supposed to be auto selecting, so if the optical is plugged in it will override the coaxial.  I thought that if there was nothing going through the optical (ie you cable box turned off completely) then the 2nd audio would come through.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Bose CineMate 15: Optical + Coax Digital Audio Inputs?

Author Accepted Answer selected by AlanMorrison

This is a single input device.  The idea is that everything plugs into the TV and that outputs to the Bose.

There are two types of input in case the TV doesn't have the best one.  And it is supposed to be auto selecting, so if the optical is plugged in it will override the coaxial.  I thought that if there was nothing going through the optical (ie you cable box turned off completely) then the 2nd audio would come through.