Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C Lopez
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

Bose Cinemate 1SR

I've recently encountered a problem with my Cinemate 1 SR.  It will not allow me to turn off, turn up, turn down or mute from the original remote or my Alexa Cube Remote as it has in the past.    At one point it has the white light and red light.  I believe the red light is telling me it's trying to connect to the subwoofer.  Could the sensor that controls remotes gone out?  Is there not a place on the sound bar that I can control the volume manually?  Can I get this soundbar fixed because one I love the thing, and two I can't afford a new Bose system.  Please help!!!

9 REPLIES 9
V
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 30, 2015

Re: Bose Cinemate 1SR

Hi,

Not sure if you have tried a soft reset, but worth seeing if turning off and unplugging for a minute helps with the issue?

Do the same with the subwoofer. 

Kind Regards,

Vik

C Lopez
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

I did that, and when I power it back on it will work for about an hour then no more remote use at all.

Vicky_W

@C Lopez, I would love to try and help. A reset was a great start, thanks @V. Could you please confirm which light you are seeing when this happens as shown on this page here? This will allow me to identify your issue.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
C Lopez
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

@Vicky_W when I first plug it all back in I get the Solid Red, but I know that it's trying to connect to the Bass Module along with the white light.  Once it connects the red light goes off.  I get sound and everything I just can't turn it down or up.  Remotes won't work.  Sometimes it will work for about an hour then nothing.  Am I correct there is no way to manually operate the sound on this unit?

Vicky_W

@C Lopez, that's great. Let's get this working for you! The steps here show you how to program your remote, but you might need to clear the pairings first. After this, if you are still having the issue, check out the steps here

Let me know how it goes!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
C Lopez
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

@Vicky_W I will definitely try it when I get home tonight.  Where can I find the remote code for the Cinemate 1 SR?  I don't think I have my booklet anymore, and all I can find is for Tv's, Cable boxes, et.

Vicky_W

I sure can. The remote codes available are listed here. Also, here is a copy of the manual for your convenience. 

C Lopez
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

@Vicky_W nothing has worked.  Still same problem. After investigating this community and other forums this is a known problem with the Cinemate 1 SR.  As much as I paid for this item you would figure this wouldn't be a problem.  Please advise on solutions to get this fixed as many others had to.

Jessie_O

Hey C Lopez, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

As you have tried all these troubleshooting steps and have been unsuccessful, I would recommend that you reach out to your local technical support team for assistance. You can do this by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country, and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. We will do all we can for you!