Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 2, 2017

Bose Companion 3 Series II - Inconsistent Audio

I've had my Bose Companion 3 Series II since 2008. It's in great shape and has never been damaged. Unfortunately, this past year the control pod started to flicker between mute/unmute. After resetting the device, the control pod stopped giving this issue. A few months later, it stopped playing any sound at all. There is power because the control pod reacts adequately, turning green/orange, but no sound from the speakers. The odd part is that when you turn off the subwoofer, a split second of good quality sound comes from the device right before the power is gone. Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas of what can be done? I've taken it to an audio repair shop since Bose no longer provides support for this product, but no luck thus far.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 16, 2017

Re: Bose Companion 3 Series II - Inconsistent Audio

I have the exact same issue.  I tried everything, including purchasing a new controller but it has the same problem.  I love my speakers and paid a lot for them so I don't want to buy new ones unless absolutely necessary.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi fmchinea and meregow, 

I'm very sorry to hear this. It sounds like something in the bass module could be causing this. My best advice would be to see if there is a replacement program if they can't repair them any longer. If you go to the site HERE, select your country, scroll down and click on "Contact Us". 

Kind Regards

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 15, 2018

I have the same problem with my Bose Companion 3 system. The amplifier has died. I phoned Bose USA Support this morning for repair center information this morning My Bose Customer Support representative informs that the Bose Companion 3 Series II Multimedia System is no longer serviceable.

Smiley Sad