Highlighted
cd70451
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 8, 2018

Bose Companion 5 Multimedia Speakers and sound cards..

Are the Bose Companion 5 multimedia speaker system able to be played through sound cards? I am not able to get them to play through an Asus Xonar D1 sound card. I keep getting jack info unavalible. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling driver (moving to other usb port) with no avail. Can someone help? Also does Bose or anyone else have a cable to go from the system to a 3.5mm jack?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose Companion 5 Multimedia Speakers and sound cards..

Hi Cd70451,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble setting up your Companion 5 system with your sound card.

There should be no reason that I can think of  why you can't use the Companion 5 system with your sound card. When we have the system connected via USB and we have selected it as the default audio device from the 'Manage Audio Devices' option in control panel then the audio should be routed through the Companion rather than the sound card.

You can also connect the computer via 3.5mm jack using the audio input port on the control pod for the system this would allow you to use an output on your computers sound card directly into the Companion without using the USB.

I hope this helps!

Keith_L - Community Support -