jerseyyo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

Bose Control Pod and Headset

Hi Everyone,

I don't have anything to test with but I'm wondering if I have a headset with the two separate 3.5 mm mic and headphone plugs if the control pod will pass both through to my computer. 

I'm looking at the Sennheiser GSP 300 Gaming Headset (507079) with the below connectors but am not sure if it will pass both through with no issues.

2 x 3.5 mm / 1 x 3.5 mm (PCV 05 Combo Audio Adaptor)

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Re: Bose Control Pod and Headset

Hi jerseyyo,

Curiously which Bose system are you referring to? Is this the Companion series? If so which model of the Companion are you using?

There is typically a big difference between microphone in and auxiliary in. They are typically two different volume levels, one for a mic level, and one for a line level (auxiliary in). For example, line levels would be something that you would notice if you plugged a smartphone or similar device into the auxiliary port on the speaker, an auxiliary port expects a line level signal. If you were able to pass through the microphone audio through the auxiliary port, it would be much much quieter and would most likely be unusable in this aspect.

Let us know if this helps clarify things a bit! Thanks!