jds2424
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2017

Bose Lifestyle 5

We have a Lifestyle 5 system and the digital display no longer works. We can't tell what radio station we're on or what track is playing on a CD. We are aware that it's an older system, but it sounds great. We hope it's an easy fix?

2 REPLIES 2
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Bose Lifestyle 5

Hi jds2424, 

Have you tried unplugging the media center to see if a reset helps? If not, please reach out to your local service center by selecting your region HERE, clicking on "Support", then scrolling down to "Contact Us", and giving them a call to see if they have a service option for your system. 

Thank you 

Arg925
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2017

Re: Bose Lifestyle 5

I have the same unit & problem. With everything working fine, it seemed escessive to spend $100 for most shops to diagnose & repair.

After searching on You tube, there were several identical videos showing the problem & solving it by replacing the C17 capacitor on the circuiyt board.

I ordered the capacitor (Mouser Electronics) @ ¢35 & just replaced it. Carefully dis assembled the unit & had nbpo problem re assembling.

My only issue is that I need to replace the 2 other capacitors C 15 & 16 (adjacent to the C17)   that I found that are also linked to the display -   I'll let ya know if still intersted.