Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2017

Bose Lifestyle 650 Remote with LG 65SJ850T

I am trying to get the LS650 remote to control my TV. When I go into Unify Setup and seach for the TV model, it show up correctly. LG 65SJ950T.

However, when I choose it, it says "Sorry, something went wrong". I can either retry, cancel or contact Bose support.

Retry didn't work and when I cancel, it brings me back to the TV model search screen.

I do not have Wifi issues on this LS650 as I was able to download and update the firmware successfully. Firmware is the latest as of 6 Feb 2018.
Connectivity status also shows as connected and I can stream Spotify music and control it using the SoundTouch app.

The issue is happening both before and after I upgraded the firmware.

Any help pls?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 3, 2017

Re: Bose Lifestyle 650 Remote with LG 65SJ850T

Darn on that, I searched your issue and found this 

When programming the remote there is a basic list of codes already pre-installed on the console, after that, we use an internet based remote code database.

When you mention that you contacted our support and downloaded the latest update, did you download that update from the SoundTouch application, or did you manually update the console using a USB stick?

Have you tried to reboot the Lifestyle 650 console by removing the power cord for a full two minutes, then plugging it back in?

Also, have you tried to factory default the console? You can find instructions on how to do this using the link below:
Restoring Factory Defaults

Lastly, if the above does not work, would it be possible to connect the console to the router via an Ethernet cable and re-test?

Let us know how that goes and we can take it from there if needed! Thanks!"

hope this helps

sally

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi fluke,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having.  

I would absolutely try Sally's troubleshooting first.  If that doesn't work and you are still not able to properly program the remote control, please let me know and we can take a deeper look into this.

Best,

Brandon - Bose Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2017

The update was done from the LS650 itself, on the Update Firmware option from the Setup page.

I tried power cycling the LS650. Pulled out the power and waited 5 minutes before booting it back up.

When I went back into the Setup page, I was able to manually select the LG 65SJ850T model and it showed as configured.

However, the TV On button (besides Source) on the Bose Remote still does not do a thing. In fact, none of the buttons appears to work - just like before.

I went into Setup again and change the Remote Setup to be automatic. It showed as configured but TV button still no go.

FYI - my LS650 is not using HDMI ARC and CEC.

I have a cable box and Apple TV 4K connected to it. CEC is disabled on both.

IR emitters are setup to the cable box and Apple TV 4K.

I just want to be able to switch on the TV with the Bose Remote TV On button.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 3, 2017

It's frustrating, believe me I know!

I have a Bose soundtouch soundbar 300 and a Samsung hdtv with 

directv genie and a BD player, both plugged into the hdmi on the TV.

In the Bose App I have the CEC set at Alternate ON

......WITHOUT a proper CEC handshake , As I've read it is called...

nothing will work in unison!

my tv has ANYNET , Samsung's settings name for the CEC connectivity.

Now.....

check to make sure you have selected the TV button and that the TV button lights up on your remote when you power on with the remote.

(Sorry if you are doing that, just covering all bases here.) 

try this, unplug again...making sure you unplug ALL that are connected to the TV along with your Bose device.

ket me know if this helps.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2017

Despite not using CEC, I also had the settings on Alternate ON.

Still desperately trying to just switch on/off the TV using the Bose Remote.

Yes, I have the source setting as TV on the Remote and it still doesn't work.

Just want to reiterate, I am NOT using HDMI ARC, AnyNet etc. Just plain I/R emitter and codes.

The LS650 remote is slightly different from ST300. I have both. The right TV button should power on/off the TV via I/R commands once the correct model is selected right?

hqdefault

In another room, my old v35 remote with the same button works perfectly. Turns on and off my TV everytime.

This is just so frustrating. I really don't think unplugging or restarting is the solution here as the LS650 has picked up the correct TV model. The remote should just emit the correct I/R commands, which I think in this case are the wrong commands?

Is there a way of just getting the remote to learn the codes from my TV remote? 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2015

I'm having a similar problem with mine but the LS650 remote doesn't send an IR signal from what I understand; the 650 receives the RF signal from the remote and then the console transmits the IR signal either from itself or external IR emitters. My TV is a Samsung though, not LG. My 650 remote will always turn off the TV but will only turn it on 25% of the time. I do use ARC-CEC with an Apple 4K and cable box connected directly to the Bose console. My Source Power button on the top right does nothing either.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello @fluke,

Thank you for trying the other suggestions. Before I escalate this to development, can we test by doing a factory default of the console? After the factory default is completed, can you input your TV make and model manually and not the Auto detect?

• To restore control console factory defaults, follow these steps:
  • Keep the TV and control console on 
  • On the control console, press and hold the Source and Setup buttons for ten seconds. 
  • When the LED on the console will blinks once, release the buttons. The console will then turn off and begin to reboot. 
  • Once the LED begins to blink amber (five seconds on, one second off), press the Power button on the control console. The LED flashes white while the system turns on. 
  • When the "Press the OK button" screen appears, if pressing OK does not cause the next setup screen to appear, press and hold both the Glow button on the rear of the remote control and the OK button on the front of the remote – simultaneously – for five seconds. The remote control will then pair with the console and the language selection screen will appear.  

Let me know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2017

Hi Joel,

My purchase of the LS650 was through the office Bose store and the bundle came with installation services by a Bose technician.

After paying premium for the install and setup service, it feels silly to have to do a factory reset of the console and then reconfigure everything myself.

However, what I re-tried was to power cycle the console, then setup the TV remote by specifically selecting LG and TV model as 65SJ850T.

The setup screen indicated that the remote is configured properly.

I then switch the Source to TV, and tried all the buttons on the remote. None of them worked.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi @fluke,

I completely understand your position on this, but we have seen the exact steps that I posted resolve LG tv controlling issues. Please, let us know when you are able to perform the factory default.

Kind Regards,

Joel