Highlighted
EmmettenGooner
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2019

Bose Lifestyle 650 and TV Screen Green Tinge

Hi,

I recentlympurchases a 650 System and sounds are great but have experienced this failure in last day or so. Just 2 days after setting up. Am connected to a Swisscom TV Box here in Switzerland and when I turn on I get this green screen an no sound. Switching source to Apple TV and back restores normality but is there a fix. Seems ridiculous to have high end home theatre system with such a bug.

7E25DB3F-5799-4326-BA93-A15D2A28EC53.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bose Lifestyle 650 and TV Screen Green Tinge

Hi EmmettenGooner!

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your system. 

I would recommend performing a full HDMI reset by resetting the devices and the cables connected between them.

1. Turn off the Bose system, the source device and the TV.
  2. Unplug the Bose system, the source device and the TV.
  3. Disconnect two HDMI cables at both ends and reseat them ensuring secure connections.
  4. Reconnect the source device, the TV and the Bose system to power.
  5. Turn on the TV and the source device.
  6. Once the TV and source device have finished powering up, turn on the Bose system.

I hope this helps! 

Jessie - Community Support

WA1968
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

Hi EmmettenGooner,

I wouldn't bother with the above, it will be a waste of time, these issues have been affecting lots of users since last November whilst Bose have been doing a great job of burying their heads in the sand and pretending there's no issue....

Take a look at this thread for more info:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Home-Theater/Lifestyle-650-HDR-Problems/td-p/163703/page/2

EmmettenGooner
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2019

@Jessie_O  despite the advice shown in thread (even though I knew it was probably correct) from @WA1968 I did try your suggested approach. Perhaps my skepticism that it wouldn't work put a hex on it but anyway there was no change whatsoever. If I have the Swisscom Box connected to the unit when I turn off and then turn it back on - the green tinge/no sound is always there. So currently I switch Source before turning on to Apple TV, then switch to Swisscom Box once the unti and TV are on. It's a 5 second workaround but this (and the various comments and threads regarding such issues) does not fill me with any confidence that a) Bose has the technical expertise nor the intense desire to fix this and other issues and b) If a software fix is announced that installing that would both fix the issues and not create additional ones.

Mark

Sad Stephen
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 21, 2019

@EmmettenGooner wrote:

@Jessie_O  despite the advice shown in thread (even though I knew it was probably correct) from @WA1968 I did try your suggested approach. Perhaps my skepticism that it wouldn't work put a hex on it but anyway there was no change whatsoever. If I have the Swisscom Box connected to the unit when I turn off and then turn it back on - the green tinge/no sound is always there. So currently I switch Source before turning on to Apple TV, then switch to Swisscom Box once the unti and TV are on. It's a 5 second workaround but this (and the various comments and threads regarding such issues) does not fill me with any confidence that a) Bose has the technical expertise nor the intense desire to fix this and other issues and b) If a software fix is announced that installing that would both fix the issues and not create additional ones.

Mark

I could not agree more!

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@EmmettenGooner wrote:

Hi,

I recentlympurchases a 650 System and sounds are great but have experienced this failure in last day or so. Just 2 days after setting up. Am connected to a Swisscom TV Box here in Switzerland and when I turn on I get this green screen an no sound. Switching source to Apple TV and back restores normality but is there a fix. Seems ridiculous to have high end home theatre system with such a bug.

Have you tried a different HDMI cable and or connecting to a differnt HDMI port on your TV? This looks like a handshake issue.