Did you mean: 
Hamoudi Naim
Participant
Registered since

Dec 19, 2016

Bose Lifestyle 650 issue with PS4

Good Evening

I got the Liefestyle Bose 650 Home Theater and I am very happy with it

First Problem, is the pass through 4K HDR, When I connect my PS4 to the bose via HDMI, when a HDR game is playing, at the corner along the side of my KS9000 65'' Samsung TV, a green bar appear , randomly. I dont know why, sometimes it doesnt.

Thats why I had to connect my PS4 directly to the TV. And my bose is connected to the TV via HDMI Anynet. Sometimes when I play, the sound cut several times, I have to put another source and come back so it work again. DO you have any idea what might be the problem? WHen I watch a movie through USB stick (I mainly do that), Everything seems to be ok.

In the input sound on my TV, I choose HDMI RECEIVER (Anynet I think)

SHould I try Optical port?

4 REPLIES 4
Ryan_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: Bose Lifestyle 650 issue with PS4

Hello Hamoudi. We can help. We would advise running an optical from the TV's audio output to the Bose system. In the sound settings for the TV, there is likely a selection to set it to External Speakers or something to that effect. If you'd like the specific settings for your TV, please provide the make/model number and we'll look into this further together. 

Hamoudi Naim
Participant
Registered since

Dec 19, 2016

Thanks Ryan for the quick support

I know how to do it.

I will try to do that and let you know what happens

Thank You

Hamoudi Naim
Participant
Registered since

Dec 19, 2016

Hello,

So I switched the input to optical in my TV. Last night played 2 hours with no problem.

This morning, after 30min, the sound cut and no sound at the end at all. The weird thing is when I go back to the PS4 Menu, I have sound in the menu, but once back in the game, no sound. I changed the output sound in my PS4 from DTS to LINEAR PCM, and then again to DTS. Then the sound came back.

Any idea what is the problem? SHould I try the optical directly to my PS4 Pro?

Ryan_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Here is the preferred audio output for the PS4: go to SETTINGS > SOUND AND SCREEN > AUDIO OUTPUT SETTINGS > AUDIO FORMAT (PRIORITY) and set to "Bitstream (Dolby)". 

If the PS4 is the only source, you can absolutely bypass the TV for the optical cable. If there is other sources, let's test them to see if you have a sound issue (DVD player, cable box). If it continues with the PS4 and toggling the audio output settings resolves it, we'd recommend getting in touch with Sony support HERE