Highlighted
dangelp
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 5, 2017

Bose Lifestyle 650 speaker cable length

Hello,

I am finishing a basement and am interested in the 650 system. I have the ability to run conduit and wires where needed before putting the walls up, to make installation a breeze. I have been searching online and cannot find any specs on the speaker cable length that comes with the 650 system (for the front omnijewel and center channel units). I am not as concerned with the rear speakers because I can hide the wireless module in the drop ceiling and install a power uplet up there as well. I would like to know the length I have to work with to better understand my situtation. From what I have seen/read, the front omnijewel speakers share a main wire into the console unit.

Other details:

- doing a projector system

-console unit may not be underneath the projection screen, but off to the side instead to not inetrfere with the view of the screen (hence the need to know the cable length)

Thank you

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose Lifestyle 650 speaker cable length

Author Accepted Answer selected by dangelp

Hi Peter,

Great followup question! Yes, each front speaker would be provided with it's own 20 ft of cable. If you were to place the console directly between the two speakers, you would have 20 ft of cable going to the left-front speaker, and another 20 ft going to the right-front speaker. 

Thanks,

Brian

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your inquiry. Here are the cable lengths for the Lifestyle 650 speaker cables:

• Center Speaker Cable: 6.1m (20ft)
  • Font Speaker Cables: 6.1m (20ft)
  • Rear Speaker Cables (from speaker to wireless receiver): 6.1m (20ft)

Best of luck with your install! If you have any additional questions, please let us know!

Brian

dangelp
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 5, 2017

Hi Brian,

Thank you for the prompt and detailed reply.

I just had one quick followup/confirmation question.

The single speaker cable used for the two front side speakers splits to a "Y", is the distance you provided from one end to another, not the distance 'gained' from the split. Another way to ask is if I split the cables completely to the center console, I would have 20 ft of length to EACH of the two front speakers?

Thank you!

Author Accepted Answer selected by dangelp

Hi Peter,

Great followup question! Yes, each front speaker would be provided with it's own 20 ft of cable. If you were to place the console directly between the two speakers, you would have 20 ft of cable going to the left-front speaker, and another 20 ft going to the right-front speaker. 

Thanks,

Brian

tjpriewe
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2017

Can you tell me the length of the optical cable supplied with the Bose 650?  

• I've ordered and await a 650 system that's due over the next few days.  In preparation for it's arrival, I'm hanging the TV on the wall and need to know how long the supplied optical cable is so that I know whether to purchase a longer optical cable ahead of time.  I want to avoid scrambling for a longer optical cable  when I'm trying to install.  Also, do you suggest running both the optical cable and the HDMI ARC or is the HDMI ARC sufficient?

Hi tjpriewe,

Glad to hear that you've ordered the Lifestyle 650! The included digital optical cable is 5ft (1.52m) in length. Most TVs will only allow you to output audio either through the ARC port or the digital optical output. They both provide a digital audio signal. If you have the ability to use ARC, I would recommend using this simply to reduce the number of cables. However, if you run into any HDMI related issues, it's good to have the optical cable handy. I would be sure to test the system fully using HDMI-ARC before fully installing the system.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Best regards,

Brian