transferx01@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2018

Bose Lifestyle AV18

I have a AV18 system and my cube speakers are connected in the walls using a bose Link A female connector (upper of the two Link A connections) in the wall.  There is a bottom Link A female connector in the wall as well but it does not "feed" the cube speakers (not sure its purpose or where it terminates).  The cube speakers work when the AV18 uses the Main connection but not the Link connection on the back of the AV18.   The PS28 subwoofer will work with connected to the Main connection but not the Link connection.  There is no way to connect the cube speakers in the wall to the PS28 III subwoofer.   How can I get the cubes or subwoofer to work with the Link connection?

The picture below is to show the wall plate and the cables I have.  Again only the Main connection will "drive" a speaker (5 cubes upper wall plate connectionor the subwoofer) and the bottom connector on the plate does not appear to be connected to anything.   I did try to connect the Main on the AV18 to the cubes and connect the sub using the bottom connector but no luck.

dualsource-plate2.jpg

Any insight would be apprecitated.

Thanks,

Ben

Note: The system came with the house we bought less the subwoofer which I just purchased.

1 REPLY 1
brianC1
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2018

Re: Bose Lifestyle AV18

The PS-28 will only work on the "Main" Connection on the AV-28 head unit. The sub requires a digital audio signal. This is not available on the Bose Link cable. The Bose link is set up for stereo sub zones.