Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emmanuelli
Participant
Registered since

Mar 6, 2020

Bose Lifestyle V35 remote unify issue

Hello. I am a happy user of V35 system since 2011. All is was working like a charm until three hours when the remote decided to stop controlling my STB and Apple TV. These are the only two input devices connected to the V35. The system is still working fine but the remote does not want to control these two devices anymore.... Note that the remote is still working with the Bose. I can change volume, source, ... 

I have updated the firmware. Now I am on version 010900 with LPM firmware version 02.21.00-E

I have removed the STB and the apple TV and added them again and configured the remotes. This did not help. 

Any clue? Could you help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_G

Re: Bose Lifestyle V35 remote unify issue

Author Accepted Answer selected by emmanuelli

Hello emmanuelli, 

Thank you for reaching out. Welcome to the Bose Community! 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your V35 and the remote control.

To give me a better insight on this, can you please confirm: 

- Make/Model of the STB

- Model of the Apple TV

- Does the remote control the built-in functions of the system? 

- Do you have 

In the meantime, please also try to disconnect the console from power for around 5 minutes, then re-connect it and test functionality. 

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Jeff_G

Author Accepted Answer selected by emmanuelli

Hello emmanuelli, 

Thank you for reaching out. Welcome to the Bose Community! 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your V35 and the remote control.

To give me a better insight on this, can you please confirm: 

- Make/Model of the STB

- Model of the Apple TV

- Does the remote control the built-in functions of the system? 

- Do you have 

In the meantime, please also try to disconnect the console from power for around 5 minutes, then re-connect it and test functionality. 

Thanks.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

emmanuelli
Participant
Registered since

Mar 6, 2020

Turning the console off and disconnecting all cables for 5 minutes and then turning it back on worked well for me. 

The issue came after connecting a Google Chromecast on the console... 

emmanuelli
Participant
Registered since

Mar 6, 2020

Hello, 

I have connected a Wii on HDMI3 and all of a sudden these issues came back. Now I am not able to control the APPLE TV nor my SET TOP BOX. I have remove the power for 5 minutes and reconnected it as i have done before but it is not working. 

Note that I have disconnected the Wii and removed the device from the console. 

Can you help please? 

Jessie_O

Hi @emmanuelli

Thank you for coming back to us!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your system. I'll be happy to help you!

Have you tried removing the connected devices then reconnecting? 

I look forward to hearing from you!

emmanuelli
Participant
Registered since

Mar 6, 2020

Jessie, 

This is what I have tried doing: 

1- I disconnected and removed all the devices (AppleTV and STB) and reset the system (pressed the power off button on the console for 5 seconds...) 

2- Added them again and configured them. 

it did not solve the issue at all. I repeated this process several times to no avail. 

Finally, I noticed that when I physically put the AppleTV box on the top of the Bose console along with the STB the remote control works!!!!!! If I put them on its side (20 CM away), the remote stops working. Note that the image and sound are invariably there.

I do not understand the logic behind this at all. It all sounds very very strange. It was not the case before. I am willing to send you a video of this as it looks like alchemy. The remote control signals must go via the HDMI cables. I simply do not get it. 

Jeff_G

The STB and Apple TV will need an IR signal to make changes so this explains why the Apple TV box started working. 

The IR emitters on the V35 are found directly on the front of the unit, so providing the system is near the boxes, you should be able to gain control. If it's not possible to have the boxes directly near the system, you can purchase IR emitters that can be placed directly in front of the boxes (part number: 324714-1010.) These can be picked up by contacting local support here.

Thanks!