mukund
Participant
Registered since

Nov 3, 2017

Bose Lifestyle model 5 music centre

I bought Bose’s Lifestyle Model 5 music centre from an outlet in India, 12 years ago.
I have used it for listening to Indian Classical, Jazz CD’s and radio fm stations, though sparingly.
The thought that it may not be repairable/serviceable never occurred to me probably due to the trust and personal bias I have for the Bose brand. So, the question of changing it or selling it never occurred to me. There were some speaker related problems, like sound not emanating from a few did occur and were resolved about 5 years ago.
Now it is the same problem of sound not being emitted from all the 5 jewel box speakers that has been identified by the Bose service representative, when he inspected it. He also mentioned that there was no point in taking it to the service centre as this particular music system is not being serviced/repaired any longer by Bose due to non availability of spares.
There’s no alternative but to junk the system, as there is no exchange offer in place at this point in time and I can’t have a unusable system lying idle at home.
Now, as a last resort I would like to evaluate the feasibility of setting right the problems with this system or request Bose in exchanging it for a price off against any new Bose system. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Bose Lifestyle model 5 music centre

Dude, it's 12 years old.  Throw it in the trash.

mukund
Participant
Registered since

Nov 3, 2017

Re: Bose Lifestyle model 5 music centre

😉 Yes that's an option.