Highlighted
Drigga
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

Bose Music App Update Notification

Hello Bose Team,

why isn‘t there an update notification on the Bose Music App as it‘s the case with the SoundTouch App? It‘s important for people to know if there‘s an update for the soundbar.
Other missing things i.e. :

- Possibility to forward/backward songs
- Possibility to add own links for Internet Radios

The Bose Music is really poor programmed compared to the ST App. Just check the rating on the App Store and you‘ll know what I‘m talking about.
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Bose Music App Update Notification

Hi Drigga! 

Thank you for your post! 

The Bose music App does prompt when there is an update. However, it did not do so for the last update as it was changing the legal disclaimers and wasn't editing any functionality to the speakers. 

In regards to the other features, this is great feedback and I will pass it on to the developers. As these are new products and a new app there are a few teething problems so please bear with us. It took time to get the SoundTouch App to what it is now and I'm confident the Bose Music App will be just as good, if not better, once the creases are ironed out! 

I hope this helps! Have a Great day!

Jessie - Community Support 

Drigga
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

The point is that the SoundTouch fraction has been informed via App.
We, Bose Music users, didn‘t get any information. Thats very strange to me.

I still have the V 2.1.10 and the update wasn‘t neither done nor have I been informed, that there‘s an update available.

I know several people who updated 2.1.11 manually and afterwards their soundbar 700 was bricked.

Hi Drigga, 

Thanks for the post!

I would wait to be prompted for the update. I do not have any concrete information at this time and will update when I do. The bricking of the SB700 is very rare following an update and can sometimes be caused by wrong software version being installed. Hold fire for now unless it prompts you to and I should have more information in regards to this tomorrow. 

I hope this helps! Have a great day!

Drigga
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

tks Jessie. You‘re faster and better than many other ppl from Bose-Community-Team. Finally clear answers.

Hi Drigga, 

Thank you for your feedback! Its been a pleasure! 

Have a lovely evening and I should have more answers for you tomorrow! 

Drigga
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

Hi Jessie,

could you also check the FW file under the following link? I doubt that this file is the right one. I know several ppl who updated manually and that ppl know how to do such update. Their SBs all got bricked (red light) and have to be replaced. One of that guys already received a replacement and said, that the new SB is still initially updated to 2.1.10 and not 2.1.11.
The 2.1.11 file seems only be available through that link.

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/updating-your-soundbar-700.html

Hi Drigga, 

I've checked this out, and the page is only supposed to be used if your having issues with an update. For example if the update fails for some reason. 

The update file looks correct at first sight, however I'll have someone else give it a quick look as a second opinion. Hold fire for now and I should have more information tomorrow!

Have a lovely evening! 

Hi everyone! 

Thank you for your patience with the update! 

I can confirm that the update has yet to be released for Smart Home on Bose music at this time. 

We will notify the community once the update is available.

Have a great day! 

Drigga
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

Hi Jessie,

What‘s the reason that the update we‘re talking about has already been released for manual update on your website?