Highlighted
T-Rex Disagree
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

Bose QC35 answered calls not active in headphones on iPhone

Hi,

I have a problem with incoming calls on iPhone7 iOs11. When I use the headphones e.g. listening to Spotify and I answer an incoming call it is active on the phone instead of in the headphones. It doesn't matter if I press answer on the phone or press the botton on the headphones. I have tried to re-pair the headphones but. Any ideas?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Bose QC35 answered calls not active in headphones on iPhone

Hi T-Rex!

Thanks for joining the community!  It's interesting that this issue has occurred since you update to iOS 11.  I have the iPhone 7 and also updated to iOS 11 and have had several issues regarding Bluetooth connectivity, I had a similar issue when taking a phone call while connected to my car's Bluetooth.  Late last week Apple released another update, 11.0.1 and since I updated to that several of the issues I experienced were fixed, if you haven't already updated to 11.0.1 I would recommend starting there.

In the meantime let's perform a reset of the headphones and reboot your phone, I included the steps for a reboot of the QC35s below:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Let me know if these steps help?

Thanks,

Shiloh_C

T-Rex Disagree
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

Thanks, I'll try and hope someone calls... Smiley Happy

T-Rex Disagree
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

Hi again,

So I have updated iOS and rebooted the headphones and re-paired and I still have the same problem. Any new ideas?

Thanks!

@T-Rex Disagree Thanks for coming back and giving us an update. Another idea we suggest would be to test it out on another device. Just so we can see if the issues are consistent. Can you try that and give us update on your findings? 

Thanks again!

Mohsin