Highlighted
AnnaP
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

Bose QC35 loses connection with iPhone7 during phone call

Hi, I bought my QC35 a few months ago. For noice cancelling they are great but as soon as I connect via bluetooth to my phone (iPhone7 with ios 10.3.3) and I start or answer a call, I lose connection within a few seconds in the call. After the call, it picks up the connection again. Very annoying, I don't dare to have it switched on while working as I lose calls halfway through (and have to quickly pick up my phone instead).

Does anyone know what to do? Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Bose QC35 loses connection with iPhone7 during phone call

Hey AnnaP!

Thanks for joining the community!  I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the Noise Cancelling feature!  I'm curious - does this issue occur across several devices?  If possible, for troubleshooting purposes it would be fantastic if you could pair the headphones with another smartphone and see if the issue is consistent.  That information will help us isolate where the problem could be coming from.

I'm thinking we should start by clearing the pairing list on the QC35s and begin with a fresh connection.  To clear the list what you do is slide the power switch all the way to the right towards the Bluetooth symbol and hold it there for 10 seconds or until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared".  At this point, you can "forget" the headphones on your iPhone and re-pair them.

Swing by and give me an update when you can?

Thanks,

Shiloh_C

AnnaP
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

Re: Bose QC35 loses connection with iPhone7 during phone call

Hi Shiloh,

Thanks for your answer, great help!

Unfortunately I didn't have time to try again until today so now I'm waiting for someone to call me. I've unpaired and then paired again as per your input.

I have it on my desk again, will be working from home on Monday so will definitely be able to try then. I'll keep you posted.

Enjoy your weekend! Annemarie