Highlighted
sting
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 26, 2017

Bose Receiver or Amp for wired Bose speakers

Hi Bose Team,

I have some older Bose speakers (which I love), but had to sell my old receiver (Sony) when I was stationed overseas.  Before I try to find another receiver, wanted to see if you have a Bose amp or receiver solution where I could keep my speakers.  

Here's what I have:

Bose Acoustimass 5 (front left & right, and sub)

Bose 161 x 4 (surround and rear)
Bose VCS-10 (Center Channel)

I've also tried researching a way to hook up the speakers for wireless operation (i.e., have a transmitter from the receiver from each speaker-out, and have a wireless receiver, say, in the back of the room for the rear-left speaker.  The wireless receiver plugs into the wall to provide power to the speaker, and receives the rear-left signal from the main amp; repeat for all the other surround speakers).

Appreciate your help!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose Receiver or Amp for wired Bose speakers

Hi sting,

Thanks for the question.  We don't manufacture surround receivers, but there are many companies that make 5.1 or 7.1 receivers that will work with your setup.

I don't know of any wireless speaker options like you've described that are currently on the market.  I know we used to make one called an SL2 wireless link, but it was only intended for rear channels (and discontinued back in 2015 if I remember correctly).

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Best Regards,

Brandon