Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mbs87
Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2019

Bose Solo 15 TV sound system

I hooked up my Bose solo 15 to my sharp 4k roku TV with an optical cable and there is no sound. I dont know why it wont work..
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_G

Re: Bose Solo 15 TV sound system

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

Hi Mbs87, 

Welcome to the Bose community, thanks for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues getting audio from your Sharp TV to your Solo 15. Have you checked to ensure the audio output has been set to output via the optical? This isn't always enabled by default, and you will typically have to enable this in the audio settings of the television. 

Please refer to the OEM's user manual for guidance on setting this up. 

If the output is set correctly, please use diagnostics mode to check if the soundbar is receiving signals through the optical output. to do this please follow the below:

With the system on, press and hold the Mute button on the remote for 6 seconds. (Note: The system LED flashes after 3 seconds indicating Dialog Mode on/off; continue holding mute for an additional 3 seconds until the LED changes again, indicating Diagnostic Mode.) Release the button and determine the LED blink pattern.

• The LED blinked alternately red and green quickly: audio signal detected
  • The LED blinked red quickly: no audio signal detected
  • The LED is solid red: digital zeros received

If you are not receiving an audio signal, please try connecting the soundbar up to another device that has an optical output to see if the issue persists. If it does, please try replacing the optical cable. If the issue resolves when connected to another device, please re-check all settings on the television, and contact the manufacturer if necessary. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Bose Community Moderator

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_G

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

Hi Mbs87, 

Welcome to the Bose community, thanks for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues getting audio from your Sharp TV to your Solo 15. Have you checked to ensure the audio output has been set to output via the optical? This isn't always enabled by default, and you will typically have to enable this in the audio settings of the television. 

Please refer to the OEM's user manual for guidance on setting this up. 

If the output is set correctly, please use diagnostics mode to check if the soundbar is receiving signals through the optical output. to do this please follow the below:

With the system on, press and hold the Mute button on the remote for 6 seconds. (Note: The system LED flashes after 3 seconds indicating Dialog Mode on/off; continue holding mute for an additional 3 seconds until the LED changes again, indicating Diagnostic Mode.) Release the button and determine the LED blink pattern.

• The LED blinked alternately red and green quickly: audio signal detected
  • The LED blinked red quickly: no audio signal detected
  • The LED is solid red: digital zeros received

If you are not receiving an audio signal, please try connecting the soundbar up to another device that has an optical output to see if the issue persists. If it does, please try replacing the optical cable. If the issue resolves when connected to another device, please re-check all settings on the television, and contact the manufacturer if necessary. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Bose Community Moderator

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Mbs87
Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2019

Thank you very much for getting answering promptly. I didnt have the settings in the TV routing the audio through the optical output.. still a little new to smart TVs and whatnot. Thought it would just do it Haha. I got it working thank you again.