Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2019

Bose Solo 15 sound issue

I have had my Bose Solo 15 for about 4 years and it has worked perfectly. I just moved to a new home and when I reconnected everything the Solo 15 has no sound unless you unplug and then plug it back in. If the unit stays turned off for several hours you have to keep unplugging it and plugging it back in to get sound. I have it connected directly via optical cable to a Sony kdl-55w800b tv. It’s just odd that I never had an issue until I moved. Any help would be appreciated!
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bose Solo 15 sound issue

Hello jmua04,

Welcome to the community, thank you very much for your post. I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing this connection issue with your Solo 15 system. 

Have you tried using a different connection between your TV and Soundbar? Either Analog or Coaxial if your TV has access to these inputs. 

Also what do the LED signals indicate when you turn on your speaker and are trying to output audio? 

I would love to get this resolved for you.

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2019

Hi Tegan thanks for your reply. The led signals are steady green as they have always been when turning on the TV and soundbar. My TV does not have coaxial input. I did try the red and white analog wires but there was no sound when I connected those.

Hi Jmua04,

Thank you for your reply! 

It might be that during the move, your TV settings have been altered. I would recommend going into the TV sound settings and making sure that the TV speakers are turned off. I would also check that you have Optical selected as your desired output. 

Let me know how this goes!

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!