Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2017

Bose Solo 5 Soundbar & Sony Bravia TV

First off I will confess to being a bit of a techophobe so apologies for the basic question!

I am interested in buying a Bose Solo 5 Soundbar to connect to my Sony Bravia TV.  I am a little confused however as to whether it can actually be attached.  When I look at the side of my TV the only Audio Out connection looks just like a headphone socket - can this be used to connect the Soundbar?  The 'coaxial' cable in the soundbar manual looks slightly different to a usual headphone cable.  Reagrding the optical cable - I will try and attach a picture from the TV manual which seems to show that I might be able to connect the optical cable but it looks like it needs an adaptor?  Does the adaptor come with the soundbar or is that something that needs to be bought seperately?  Is that what the picture is even showing!

Thanks in advanceScreen Shot 2017-11-24 at 15.04.45.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Bose Solo 5 Soundbar & Sony Bravia TV

Author Accepted Answer selected by Nigel82

Hi Nigel82, 

Thank you for the post and sharing such great detail about your TV. With your setup you could use either the 3.5 mm analog audio out (headphone socket) to the Aux In on the Solo 5 or the optical connection. The Solo 5 does come with an optical cable, but it does not have the 3.5 mm tip so you will need to purchase the adapter if you want to use optical. If we compare the two, the optical connection will give you the best quality sound. Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Kind Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Bose Solo 5 Soundbar & Sony Bravia TV

Author Accepted Answer selected by Nigel82

Hi Nigel82, 

Thank you for the post and sharing such great detail about your TV. With your setup you could use either the 3.5 mm analog audio out (headphone socket) to the Aux In on the Solo 5 or the optical connection. The Solo 5 does come with an optical cable, but it does not have the 3.5 mm tip so you will need to purchase the adapter if you want to use optical. If we compare the two, the optical connection will give you the best quality sound. Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Kind Regards

View solution in original post