vbrown100
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 6, 2017

Bose Solo 5 Soundbar & Sony Bravia TV

I can't seem to get the Bose Solo 15 remote to connect to my Sony Bravia KDL-52XBR TV.  I am using the Sony TV code :0000 when programming.  When I select the + on the volume, the remote does not connect.  None of the buttons control the TV.  Am I missing something? 

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: Bose Solo 5 Soundbar & Sony Bravia TV

Hi vbrown100, 

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this. If the source functions don't respond with the first press of the Volume + button, please press the Volume + again and re-test the source functionality. The best way to think of it is that 0000 isn't the code for the TV but rather a bank of codes and each time you press Volume +, it cycles through a new code. The procedure is outlined HERE. Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Thank you 

kekko
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 15, 2017

I have the same issue. How is it possbile that such a common TV like Sony BRAVIA is not fully supported by the universal remote? I tried some codes, but it is not working. It's really annoying to have to use 2 remotes to control audio and TV features all the time. Any suggestion to what is supposed to be the best code for a Sony Bravia TV?

Thanks

Hi kekko, 

Thank you for the post. If you've tried the 0000 bank, along with the steps I mentioned to vbrown100, please try and restore the remote to factory default and re-test. To do this:

1. On the remote control, press and hold a source button (i.e., TV or CBL-SAT) until all six source buttons glow, then release. The button that was held remains glowing
  2. On the number keypad, enter 981. The source buttons flash to confirm

Please let us know. 

Kind Regards

mullerlt
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 1, 2018

I'm having the same issue, I've tried all these suggestions. Anyone solve this, any other ideas?
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I use a Logitech Harmony 880 remote to control everything. I have my TV turn the Bose on and off, so I can use my U-Verse remote for everything also.

Hi mullerit,

I'm sorry to hear this. How long have you had the TV? What is the make and model?

Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

DavidHine
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 24, 2018

We too have the Solo 5 and cannot connect to the Sony Bravia KDL-32W model. We purchased both last week in a store appearind to demonstrate them working together

I tried 30 times withe the 0000 codes bank, ie get into 0000 code bank, press + on volume then test channel up and down, press volume + again, and channel up and down again. 

Surely this popular brand can be managed by Bose remote. 

What do you advise?

Thanks

David

Hello David,

Thank you for posting. The only remote code for Sony is the one you are using. I will pass this along to development for future products. The particular Bose universal remote does not have the ability to be updated with new remote codes. What I can suggest, is to look into a 3rd party remote that will have the ability to control all of your devices with no issues. One brand I can suggest that has worked for other users is a Logitech Harmony remote.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Julie8691
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 19, 2018

I had the same problem and gave up months ago.  I decided to give it another try today. I finally understood what I was doing wrong. This is what worked for me. I held down the TV button until all of the lights lit up. I released the tv button and only that button was lit up. I typed in 0000 then hit the +on the volume then channel up.  Nothing happened. DO NOT enter 0000 again. Just Keep hitting + then channel up until it finally cycles through to the right code. I had to hit +then channel up 15 times before it worked. But it works now!  This will make it so much easier! Hope this helps someone else.