ROYK
Participant
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

Bose Solo 5 and Sharp Roku

I Purchased a Roku 50 in ch TV and the Bose Solo 5.  I am at a loss for getting the Bose Universal Remote to work with this TV.  I have used about 10 different codes including the one in the Bose Documentation - 0093.  No of them see to sync with the TV.  Anyone else out there?

11 REPLIES 11
Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Bose Solo 5 and Sharp Roku

Hi ROYK, 

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties with programming your Bose remote control. Curiously, have you also tried the code for ROKU (2457)?

You can find the full programming steps here. Please pay special attention to step 8. It is important to remember that each code you try has additional internal codes that need to be tested. 

Please let us know if this helps!

Best regards,

Brian

ROYK
Participant
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

Unfortunately this did not work.   I may have to go with another product If I cannot sync this to my TV.  Sound is great but do not want more remotes.  I am open to other reccomendations or things to try to get this working!  Thanks!

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello ROYK,

Since the steps did not work to resolve the issue, I suggest we clear the remote from all the codes entered and try to enter the code again using the same steps above. To clear the remote of all codes:

1. On the remote control, press and hold a source button (i.e., TV or CBL-SAT) until all six source buttons glow, then release. The button that was held remains glowing
  2. On the number keypad, enter 981. The source buttons flash to confirm

After that is done, follow the steps mentioned above to re-program the remote using 0093.

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you,

Joel - Bose Support

ROYK
Participant
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

Joel,

Alreadytried that the first night I got it.  Anything else I can try?  Have tried many other codes too. and have used the 981 to clear it out several times.

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello ROYK,

Thank you for getting back to me with the results. This particular remote has all the codes stored on the chip inside and can not be updated, but what I can do for you is gather the model number of the TV and escalate this. It would have to be developed and updated into a new universal remote since the TV you have is much newer from when the Solo 5 was manufactured.

Thank you,

Joel - Bose Support

ROYK
Participant
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

Here is the model information:

Sharp LC-50LB481U LED Roku TV

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi ROYK,

Thank you for the information, I will pass this along to engineering.

Thank you,

Joel - Bose Support

Alandicho14
Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2018

Hi, I am having the exact same problem with the exact same products. Do you know if the solution has worked?
Bob Bacc
Participant
Registered since

Mar 20, 2018

I have the same issue with a similar Sharp product. I just bought the Solo 5 last night. I don’t want to have another remote and will be forced to return if this can’t be fixed 😞

Here’s my TV model #: Sharp LC-50LBU591U