Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2019

Bose Solo 5 with Record Player

Hey guys, I'm having an issue with using my Bose Solo 5 with my record player, Pro-ject Audio 1Xpression Carbon. I also have a preamp in use with it, Pro-Ject Phono Box MM DC Phonograph Preamplifier. The system works just fine when I use my old soundbar, Yamaha-yas 203 (in analog mode), but when I try to switch the RCA cables over to the Bose Solo 5 nothing comes out.

The speaker works fine. I've connected my phone to it (don't own a TV) and played music off of my phone, but for whatever reason I can't play music off of my vinyl records. Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bose Solo 5 with Record Player

Hi Mox0716, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having Audio issues with your Solo 5. However I would love to help. I have a few questions before we begin some troubleshooting that I would need to know to help you more accurately: 

• Are you using an Optical Cable at all into the solo 5? 
  • Do you get audio through the speaker when using a 3.5mm Aux to a mobile or other devices? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!