Jay Patadiya
Participant
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Bose Solo Remote Configuration with Airtel Android TV remote

I have recently upgraded to Airtel Android TV set-top box. Earlier HD box remote was working fine with Bose universal remote. With the new set of box I am not able to operate anything except power on and off the set top box.

Now what should I do? Is there any other code for the new Android set top box remote configuration?

Bose team, please help as I do not want to use two remote.
3 REPLIES 3
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Bose Solo Remote Configuration with Airtel Android TV remote

Hi Jay,

Thanks for the post, and sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having with your setup.

Is your new set top box the same brand, or a different brand?  Are there any other codes in the code book for the remote control?  If not, there may not be a fully compatible code available, and you may have to look into third party remotes to be able to use only one remote.

If you have any more questions please let us know.

Best,

Brandon

Jay Patadiya
Participant
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Hi Brandon,

The new set-top box is from the same brand (Airtel). Earlier one was HD set-top box and new one is Android Set-top box.

The new remote has some new buttons that are completely not part of Bose universal remote. For example, hold to speak and search, Airtel home, live and Android home.

I am not able to find any other code from the booklet came with Bose product. It only has one code for Airtel. With that code I can just switch on and off the new Android based set-top box nothing else.

Can I expect to have new code for this new type of set-top box? Or continue using two remote. One for Set-top box and another Bose to control volume of Bose speaker. Please advise.
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again Jay,

Thanks for the information.

If the code isn't controlling the box, chances are we do not have a code for this new one.  If you don't want to use two remotes to control the STB and the Bose system I would recommend you purchase a new universal remote that can control both, something like a Logitech Harmony remote.

If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Best,

Brandon