kashiro22
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2017

Bose Solo TV System VS Bose Solo 5 TV System

Hi,

Would need to seek help from the community.

Recently brought a Solo 5 TV System but when it arrived it indicate as a Solo TV System and the remote controller is difference as well. It does not come with a universal remote controller.

After researching for some time, i cant get a good answer for it.

Thus would like to find out what are the main difference between the 2.

The seller insist there is no differences but i feel that the Solo TV System which look exactly like solo 5 is lacking in term of bass.

Hope some kind soul can enlighten me on this.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Bose Solo TV System VS Bose Solo 5 TV System

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Charlotte_G

Hi kashiro22, 

Welcome to the Bose Community! I'm sorry to hear about your experience. You can visit our soundbar support site, where you should be able to see the differences and get some additional information as well. 

To summarise, here are the main differences between the Solo 5 and the Solo TV Sound System:

- The dimensions of the Solo 5 are significantly smaller than the Solo. 

- A universal remote is included with the Solo 5, unlike the Solo. 

- The Solo 5 supports Bluetooth connectivity. This allows you to connect your smartphone or computer to stream music wirelessly to the system.

Are you able to get the 17-digit serial number off of the unit? We'd be happy to look it up and see which version of Solo was actually sent to you. Let us know. 

Thank you 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Bose Solo TV System VS Bose Solo 5 TV System

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Charlotte_G

Hi kashiro22, 

Welcome to the Bose Community! I'm sorry to hear about your experience. You can visit our soundbar support site, where you should be able to see the differences and get some additional information as well. 

To summarise, here are the main differences between the Solo 5 and the Solo TV Sound System:

- The dimensions of the Solo 5 are significantly smaller than the Solo. 

- A universal remote is included with the Solo 5, unlike the Solo. 

- The Solo 5 supports Bluetooth connectivity. This allows you to connect your smartphone or computer to stream music wirelessly to the system.

Are you able to get the 17-digit serial number off of the unit? We'd be happy to look it up and see which version of Solo was actually sent to you. Let us know. 

Thank you 

View solution in original post

krishna
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2017

Re: RE: Bose Solo TV System VS Bose Solo 5 TV System

Hi

can someone please let me know if solo 5 tv sound system works with 220 volts?

Thanks

Krishna

kashiro22
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2017

Hi Brent_B,

Thanks alot for offering your help.

Can i provide you with the serial no. thru private message?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi kashiro22, 

Absolutely. Please sent it to the community_admin account asking which version of the system it pulls up. 

Hi krishna, 

Yes, the Solo 5 is rated 100-240v, 50-60 Hz - so with the proper line cable, it will work with 220. Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Thank you  

PZMed
Participant
Registered since

Dec 29, 2017

Hi. I recently purchased a Bose Solo soundbar thinking I was purchasing the Solo 5. I am hearing impaired and the reviews regarding dialogue enhancement resonated with me. We just set up our soundbar and I really don't hear a difference with the setting.
Reading again through the reviews I realized I did not get a Solo 5. My Solo does not look like the same bar off of the product page. It has a simple remote but is Bluetooth enabled to pair other devices. I tried looking up the serial number but it doesn't pull anything up.
SN: 075351Z72982271AE
PZMed
Participant
Registered since

Dec 29, 2017

Hi. I recently purchased a Bose Solo soundbar thinking I was purchasing the Solo 5. I am hearing impaired and the reviews regarding dialogue enhancement resonated with me. We just set up our soundbar and I really don't hear a difference with the setting.
Reading again through the reviews, I don't know what I have. My Solo does not look like the same bar off of the product page. It's small like the 5. It has a simple remote like the Solo but is Bluetooth enabled to pair other devices. I tried looking up the serial number but it doesn't pull anything up.
075351Z72982271AE
PZMed
Participant
Registered since

Dec 29, 2017

Hi. I'm curious if you kept the Solo or exchanged for the Solo 5 (or anything else for that matter).
Thanks
kashiro22
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2017

hi,

I kept the set for use since it the same as solo 5.

thanks