Participant
Registered since

Jan 30, 2017

Bose Solo TV not turning on

Hi,

I have what I think is the original model Solo TV.  I've had it for 5-6 years and it's been working wonderfully.  MAYBE once a year it would not respond to the remote and turn on as it should.  Following the suggestions on the website, I would unplug it for 5+ minutes to perform a reset, and when I plugged it back in, it would be fine after that.

About a week ago it started not turning on again, but now a reset doesn't fix it for more than a day or so.  I've updated its software, I've left it unplugged for nearly an hour (I doubt it would make a difference, but hey), it doesn't seem to be helping.  I reset it, it works fine for the next few power-ons, and then it once again will stop responding.  It doesn't seem like this thing is old enough to be dying on me already!

Any ideas?  Thanks for your time.  ❤️

2 REPLIES 2
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: Bose Solo TV not turning on

Hello MissLydia17. You are correct that the best troubleshooting step is unplugging the system for five minutes or more to reset the system. Performing this once a year or so would be considered normal, however, every few uses wouldn't be. Running a software update is a great idea and we would have expected that to resolve this. Based on this information, it would be best to speak with local Bose support HERE and we'll look into the best solutions to get you back up and running. 

Participant
Registered since

Nov 22, 2017

Re: Bose Solo TV not turning on

my bose solo is 5 years old , It has finally quit rebooting after I unhook it and let it sit. No more power ups, No beeps no lights nothing , DEAD !! I thought bose were made to last ?