Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 8, 2018

Bose Solo and Non-Bose Remote Not Working

Just replaced a Vizio sound bar with the Bose Solo (can't find a number such as Bose Solo 5, etc..just a Model # of 418775). The Bose remote works fine, however, I was able to use 2 different Non-Bose remotes to control the volume on the Vizio SB, but now cannot get any of them to work with the Bose SB. I even worked with my Cable provider support techs and they can't figure out the issue. Codes appear to be accepted as the various buttons light up or flash as expected, but the non-Bose remote volumn buttons still will not work. The codes we have tried are: 0674, 1229, 1629, 1841, 1933, 1253. We even tried to use the "code discovery" procedure, but to no avail. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to get these remotes to work? The non-bose remotes are: Potenza ST and the original Vizio TV remote.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Bose Solo and Non-Bose Remote Not Working

Hi KimInWis,

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community!  

This is a tough one since it's a third party remote trying to control  the Bose system.  I was able to find this for the Potenza ST remote which goes through the programming step by step HERE.  Perhaps there are others users that can assist with this particular configuration.  

If you'd like to try and use the Bose controller to control the TV and cable box, you can follow the steps HERE.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support