Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Femagi
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2019

Bose Solo connect to the iMac

Can I connect the Bose Solo to the IMac Pro.  As I do if the iMac Pro has no optical port.
Thank you.
Fernando

5 REPLIES 5
Tegan_M

Re: Bose Solo connect to the iMac

Hi Femagi,

Thank you very much for your message, welcome to the community. 

The Solo Systems are designed primarily to be connected to TVs opposed to computers, however I would love to do what I can to assist you with this. 

We do have multiple Solo systems available, so that I can provide you with the most accurate information, can you please inform me which system it is you're interested in. You can observe this link to help identify this. 

Please let us know, we look forward to hearing from you. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Femagi
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2019

Hi Tegan M 

I have the Bose® Solo TV sound system and

I just want connect it to the iMac.

It's possible?

sincerely regards,

femagi

Jeff_G

Hello Femagi, 

Thanks for getting back in touch.

The Solo TV Sound System features 3 different connection methods, Dual RCA, Optical or Coaxial. In your use-case, I would recommend using a Dual RCA (male) to 3.5mm stereo (male) cable. This would allow you to connect the speaker to the headphone output on the TV. 

Let me know how you get on!

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
sarah3nyc
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2020

Have attached Bose Solo soundbar to iMac by dual RCA, got iTunes to play momentarily and now nada. Am runnning Catalina and wonder if it's a setting I can't find?

thank you,

Sarah

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi sarah3nyc,

You'll want to make sure your iMac is set to use the correct output for its sound. To find this setting you'll need to go to the Apple menu  > System Preferences > Sound > Output. This page will give you a list of available devices, if your Solo is plugged into the headphones port on the iMac you need to choose "headphones".

I hope this helps!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!