diver45
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Re: Bose SoundTouch 300 Soundbar

Got another question....can you pair a Samsung remote with a Bose soundtouch 300 remote?  My Samsung TV is 10 years old.  Thanks for the help

diver45
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Thanks

Tegan_M

Hello Diver45,

Thank you for reaching out. I would love to do what I can to assist you with this. 

Are you looking to pair your Samsung remote to control your SoundTouch 300?

If your Samsung remote is a Infrared (IR) universal learning remote, no setting changes are needed on your system to control it with a universal remote that sends IR commands. The IR sensor on your system is located on the front. Be sure it is not blocked so it can detect remote commands.

If this is not the case then the SoundTouch Universal Remote will be needed.

You can alternatively connect the SoundTouch remote to control your TV. Can you please inform us on the TV model you own and what other devices you have connected to your TV so that we can provide you with instruction on how to set this up. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
diver45
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

ok, I broke down and spent the money and purchased a Series 700 sub woofer.  Are there any quirks and syncing it up with a ST300?

Brycepatrick
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Their should be no peculiar behavior with setting you your new Bose Subwoofer 700.  Congratulations, you have purchased one of the finest subwoofers on the planet, be prepared to keep the neighbors up at night.  

diver45
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Thanks for the help.  Thought I made a mistake spending a lot of $$$$$ but after you configure it, seems to working just fine.

diver45
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Re: Bose 700 sub woofer

Ok, I purchased this 700 sub woofer.  Had good base tones yesterday and today, the sub woofer won't play at all.  I have a ST300 sound bar, tried holding 7 down again to reconnect ….no luck!!!!!  Getting kinda of disappointed in this large purchase!!!!!!!!!!  how do I get this darned thing to play on a consistent basis???  Tried pressing Bass on the remote and then volume up.  no luck.  I do have a white light on the back of the woofer, but that's all its doing.  anybody have any Ideas???  The stars on my review when I post and staring to fall!!

Charlotte_G

Hello diver45,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Bass Module. 

The white LED indicates that it is still connected to your Soundbar. Have you tried playing multiple different sources? 

I would recommend resetting your system by removing power to the Soundbar and the Bass Module for 30 seconds. Then, reconnect.

If you are still no hearing anything from the bass module, It is possible that you may be experiencing some interference. Do you have a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable to spare? If not, you can contact our customer service team and we'll be happy to send one out to you. 

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
diver45
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

I will give it a try!!!

diver45
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Well no luck.  Sub woffer at this time could be used as a plant stand.   not getting anything out of it.  I will try your recommendation...…………:-(