jlahaie
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

Re: Bose Sound Touch 300 Soundbar

I have been trying for over 3 years to get my Bose 300 to stay connected to my Samsung TV. Connection is intermittent at best. Connection comes and goes for no apparent reason. Mostly it does not stay connected. Bose and Samsung tech support are no help. They know it is a major problem but can't seem to come up with a solution. My recommendation is do not buy a Bose and Samsung as a system. So many others have the same issue. Very disappointed in Bose. Buy a Sonos.

diver45
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Re: Bose SoundTouch 300 Soundbar

Question, when you turn the "chat" on the Bose remote, does that action turn off the sub woofer???  or how do I adjust the sub woofer what the chat is turned on ???

Keith_L

Hi diver45,

Just to make sure, are you referring to the 'dialogue mode' button? This is the one that has an icon that looks like a speech bubble on it.

If so this should not be turning off the subwoofer. What it is designed to do is boost the frequencies that the human voice usually occupies, to make dialogue clearer. As such you would get less bass when this is enabled, but the subwoofer will still be connected.

What you can do to adjust the bass level when in dialogue mode, is press the 'bass' button on your remote, then press the volume up to increase the bass level. Once you are happy with the level, press the bass button again to save your settings.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

When you press the dialogue button on the remote, it turns up the middle speakers on the sound bar so you can better hear the dialogue.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Bose Sound Touch 300 Soundbar

@jlahaie wrote:

I have been trying for over 3 years to get my Bose 300 to stay connected to my Samsung TV. Connection is intermittent at best. Connection comes and goes for no apparent reason. Mostly it does not stay connected. Bose and Samsung tech support are no help. They know it is a major problem but can't seem to come up with a solution. My recommendation is do not buy a Bose and Samsung as a system. So many others have the same issue. Very disappointed in Bose. Buy a Sonos.

I have a Cinemate 130 with SoundTouch, Arris Xi6 Wireless TV player and Yamaha BD/DVD player connected to a Samsung Series 8000 TV with HDMI. I also had an Apple TV but dropped it as the Apple TV app is built right in to the TV now.  My Samsung TV with all the devices connected to the Sound Bar via ARC and CEC has worked very well for over a year now. CEC can be tricky for a variety of reasons, however I don't think Samsung TVs and Bose Sound bars are any more vulnerable to problems than other combinations.

I suggest you run updates on all your gear, make sure CEC settings are turned on for your devices then take everything down. Ensure you are using at least 1.4 (e) standard HDMI cables. Then connect all your gear one piece at a time letting the Samsung handshake with the devices following the connection procedures on the toolbar. You should get proper handshaking when you see the correct device icons showing up in the TV tool bar. 

Finally, give some thought about the state you are leaving the TV and the ST300 in when you turn off the system. Also give some thought about your remote controls. I found these last points to be the most finicky in a HDMI/CEC setup. I my situation I am careful to leave the TV ready to turn on with no soundbar for other users who prefer not to have the big sound. This involves three different remotes, the Samsung remote, the SoundTouch remote and a cable remote.

Believe me I would much prefer getting things down to one remote. But I can tell you my Bose/Samsung/Yamaha and Arris setup is very robust and can take a lot of kicking and everything works well.

Hutch
Participant
Registered since

Feb 18, 2017

HI , I have a samsung and I did have an issue with connecting it to my ST300, I had to use an optical cable to connect it up -not the recommended connection, however it works absolutely fine and I have had no problems with it< i also have the 2 sattelite speakers connected up and again this gives lovely sound. Hope this helps

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Hutch wrote:

HI , I have a samsung and I did have an issue with connecting it to my ST300, I had to use an optical cable to connect it up -not the recommended connection, however it works absolutely fine and I have had no problems with it< i also have the 2 sattelite speakers connected up and again this gives lovely sound. Hope this helps

For the longest time I used the optical method for connecting my Samsung plasma tv to my Cinemate 130 and Yamaha HDR AV receiver before that. CEC was a little sketchy and I didn’t really have a need for my devices to work with one remote.

Last year when I upgraded my TV to a Samsung 8000 series tv, I started to experiment with ARC/ CEC in search of the best possible sound and because the Samsung smart tv was offering a full suite of apps. As well Netflix was just starting to offer higher bandwith audio which HDMI was able to take advantage of. Optical has a lower audio bandwith threshold. 

I was pleasantly surprised how well the Samsung tv worked with the Bose soundbar over ARC/CEC. All devices registered well and the CEC controller seemed to work. The sound output was noticeably clearer and richer over HDMI. I can only attribute this to the higher bandwidth capabilities of HDMI and it’s trimmings.

@Hutch  If you are feeling adventuresome, try your luck with ARC and CEC. I think you will be pleased with the results. You should be using at least HDMI 1.4(e) cables.

diver45
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Re: Bose SoundTouch 300 Soundbar/Firmware 23.0.10

I just downloaded this firm ware and tried to set up mu SoundTouch 300 and now I get no sound out of my bar.my  Bose app tells me its ready to play and when I turn on my tv, the sound bar does nothing.....apparently I have to set it up.  I turn on my sound bar and it checks for updates, finds one and then it asks how I would like to connect....I choose wifi.  I press the button and it eventually if takes me to setup mode.  I press the button …….choose SoundTouch 300 Sound bar....press the note symbol and "9" ……. I get a amber light on the "note" symbol … press continue and eventually it goes back to set up mode.   I teach and train rescue swimmers and I have to go to work.....just wanted to watch a little tv.  I get no sound now and I know I won't have it when I get back tonight.  Don't know what to do.  any help would be appreciated.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@diver45 wrote:

I just downloaded this firm ware and tried to set up mu SoundTouch 300 and now I get no sound out of my bar.my 

After any updates be sure to log out of your SoundTouch account then log back in. Fixes many little issues.

diver45
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Thanks....I will remember that.