afikanman
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 19, 2019

Bose Soundbar 700 remote not pairing with the Xfinity XG1v4-A 4K box

I am unable to pair the remote for my Bose 700 Soundbar with my Xfinity XG1v4-A 4k cable box.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Itsjustmeee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 remote not pairing with the Xfinity XG1v4-A 4K box

Author Accepted Answer selected by afikanman

I have the same setup and was unable to do it as well. The XG1v4-A 4K is pretty exclusive since it uses both IR and RF. I ended up not using the Bose remote (and decided not to buy a Harmony Remote) because we use the voice control functions too much and that’s a feature exclusive to Xfinity remotes. But that being said, none of the Bose codes work with the XG1v4-A 4K.

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Afikanan, 

Many thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue.

If you select the following Link, this will provide some troubleshooting steps.

If this does not help resolve the issue, please let us know and we can look into this further for you.

Have a great day

Leon_C - Community Support

Itsjustmeee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by afikanman

I have the same setup and was unable to do it as well. The XG1v4-A 4K is pretty exclusive since it uses both IR and RF. I ended up not using the Bose remote (and decided not to buy a Harmony Remote) because we use the voice control functions too much and that’s a feature exclusive to Xfinity remotes. But that being said, none of the Bose codes work with the XG1v4-A 4K.

Highlighted
afikanman
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 19, 2019

Thanks for the reply. The voice feature is crucial and as such I was not planning to use the Bose Remote as my primary (also no page up page down.)

However I thought it would be nice to have it lying around as a secondary just in case the Xfinity remote was not immediately accessible.