Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Whisky56
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2020

Bose Soundbar 700 sound quality

Just purchased a new Sony Bravia X9000H tv, Bose soundbar 700, bose sub 700 and Bose 700 rear speakers. I have owned a Bose Acoustimas 15 for many years. The sound use to be great 5.1 surround. It started going a couple of years ago and i decided it was time to go wireless. 
The new setup works great as far as surround, but the sound quality is just not what i expected. The voice audio sounds like it is in a tin can. If I turn on the dialogue mode it gets worse. I have changed all of the setting i can see with no help. Adjusted the treble, base and center. Changed settings in the tv. Turned off sub and rear no help.

I stream mostly. No cable or satellite, but i do have a Tivo OTA for my local. Tivo audio is worse than streaming

Is there any thing I can try to do to help get the tin can removed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hector_B

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 sound quality

Author Accepted Answer selected by Whisky56

Hey Whisky56, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! I'd love to assist you with getting your Soundbar 700 to sound as it should. 

I appreciate the steps that you have attempted so far and I am sorry to read that this hasn't resolved the issue. Let's start with running ADAPTiQ on the Soundbar by following these steps here. This will ensure that the system is correctly calibrated in your environment. 

Once this has been performed let's reset the Soundbar 700 by following these steps below: 

• Power off your system
  • Disconnect the power cord from the soundbar
  • If the accessory bass module or surround speakers are connected, disconnect the power cords from those also
  • When power is reconnected, wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot.

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Hector_B

Author Accepted Answer selected by Whisky56

Hey Whisky56, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! I'd love to assist you with getting your Soundbar 700 to sound as it should. 

I appreciate the steps that you have attempted so far and I am sorry to read that this hasn't resolved the issue. Let's start with running ADAPTiQ on the Soundbar by following these steps here. This will ensure that the system is correctly calibrated in your environment. 

Once this has been performed let's reset the Soundbar 700 by following these steps below: 

• Power off your system
  • Disconnect the power cord from the soundbar
  • If the accessory bass module or surround speakers are connected, disconnect the power cords from those also
  • When power is reconnected, wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot.

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

V
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 30, 2015

Hi,

There are a few things you can try. 

1) Run AdaptIQ to see if it can equalise your room layout

2) In the Sony TV audio settings, try cycling through a combination of the following:

- EARC - On/Off

- Passthrough - On/Off

I get the best sound output on my Sony AG9 with both of the above being On. 

I have also found that I get considerably better sound to the Soundbar if I Airplay or Bluetooth the audio to it. You will find a thread on here with people discussing the issue. 

Also, see my thread on supported Audio formats.

Kind Regards,

Vik

Whisky56
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2020

Thank you. I followed your instructions. I had to ad the sub and rears back in the app. It removed them when doing this. I hope that is not something i will have to do after every power outage. We have several a month.

It does sound better Than before. It still has the odd tin sound Not as much as before but i turned the treble down to -20 and that also helped. 
I ran the Adaptiq again. There is a problem i am having with it also. If i am sitting the App will tell me it is too noisy in the room or It can not hear anything. But when stand it will go through all steps.

I sit about 14 ft from a 75” Sony tv. The soundbar is on a mount under the tv. The sub is to the left of the tv with 6” from the wall on 2 sides. The rears are ear level On the wall each side of the sofa. 
thank you for the help.