biffdougan
Participant
Registered since

Aug 8, 2016

Bose Soundtouch 130

Hi,

I have the Bose Soundtouch 130 (I think this is Australian model).

Setup is as follows:

- HDMI 4 (ARC) cable going from TV (brand new Sony) to Bose Head Unit

- PS3 going directly into Bose Head Unit

- Cable / Sat going directly into Bose Head Unit.

- Free to air going from tv antenna on wall into back of the TV.

When I change from say Cable / Sat to TV by pressing TV on Bose Universal Remote the screen says TV but is blank. I have to then choose input selector manually until it goes to 'Digital'. When I want to go back from TV to another input I have to do the same thing to get it to HDMI 4 (ARC).

I did not have this problem when set up exactly the same way with my old Sony TV. I would simply press TV and the free to air channels would appear.

Can anyone help? Could it have to do with CEC or similar? Do I need to change settings on the TV, the Bose or both?

Cheers

Alex

3 REPLIES 3
Ryan_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: Bose Soundtouch 130

Thank you for providing such a detailed description of your setup and issue. We'd like to research to provide further insight. Can you provide the model number of your new Sony TV? We look forward to hearing back from you. 

biffdougan
Participant
Registered since

Aug 8, 2016

Sony KD75X8500D.

My old TV (which worked fine) was Sony also.

Ryan_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Thank you for getting back to us. This can be confusing when using a universal remote because the TV button on the Sony remote is designed to bring up the broadcast input whereas the Bose remote is designed to change source automatically when routed through the console. There are two suggestions that we have. The first is working with Bravia Sync settings on the TV. They can be found on page 64 of your TV manual here:

http://bit.ly/2gPoAU4

The other troubleshooting step we can try is other Sony TV codes for your Bose remote. The Sony code is 0000 and here is a helpful video on trying alternate codes without punching in additional numbers:

http://bit.ly/1R8Gz49

If these steps fail to change the functionality, the best approach would be to change the input manually when accessing the TV antenna.