Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joe H
Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Bose Soundtouch 300

I just purchased the Sountouch 300 Soundbar, along with the Bass Module 500 and Surround Speakers. Before this, I had three Soundtouch 10 speakers along with the outdoor 251 speakers controlled by the SA-5 amplifier.  I have connected the new Soundbar to my network using the Sound Touch app.  But I seem to be having a couple small issues:

1) When playing Pandora, I am losing the connection with the soundbar.  The other speakers continue to play, but the soundbar, sub, and surround speakers cut out.  I have Xfininty Wifi, and have a pod close to the soundbar that should be giving it plenty of signal strength.  Any idea why that may occur?

2) (And this may be me not understanding the setup)  After I have been listening to music, and have turned the soundbar off, when I turn on the TV it automatically strarts playing music, and is not playing the sound from the TV.  I am using the Xfinity remote that I have programmed to control the soundbar.  That remote turns on the soundbar and adjusts the volume, but I have to hit a source button on the Bose remote in order to hear sound from the TV.  Should it not be playing the TV sound when I turn on the TV?

Thank you for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: Bose Soundtouch 300

Hello Joe H,

Thanks for posting in the community, I am sorry that you are having trouble with your SoundTouch 300 Soundbar. I would be more than happy to help you out, for the connection loss I would recommend trying a product reset. Please follow the steps below:

• Turn the soundbar off

• Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet

• Wait 30 seconds

• Reconnect the power cord

• Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

As to the Soundbar not automatically not switching to TV output, I am curious what connection are you using for the Soundbar to TV?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

Joe H
Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Thank you for the reply.  I will try the reset and see if that helps.

I am using an HDMI ARC connection from the soundbar to the TV.  I can get sound, but as I said, I have to choose the source on the Bose remote (which I am not using for any other function) when I turn on the TV after I have been playing music

Thanks again.

Joe H
Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Would I be better off just using the optical cable and ditching the HDMI?

Jessie_O

Hi Joe H, 

Thank you for coming back to us. 

The SoundTouch 300 will automatically play the last source you have played on the SoundBar when you turn it back on. This does not matter how you have it connected. 

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions please reach out again!

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!