mattflemming
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 4, 2017

Bose Universal Remote difficulty with Samsung Smart TV - Smart Hub button doesn't work

I have a Samsung Smart TV and I recently purchased a Cinemate 15. I am trying to program the Universal Remote that came with it and it works but only partially. The remote does not seem to be able to bring up the Smart Hub menu (which shows my list of apps, like Youtube or Netflix). Is there a way to fix this? This button is crucial to using the TV, and if it doesn't work the Bose Universal Remote is effectively useless. 

I've seen older posts that addressed this issue, which said it's not possible to fix this issue. I am hoping that a solution has been found. 

5 REPLIES 5
Peter Walker
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 20, 2017

Re: Bose Universal Remote difficulty with Samsung Smart TV - Smart Hub button doesn't work

I have a Samsung Smart Tv (series 5) and a Bose solo 5. I have the same problem. The Bose universal remote is no such thing until this is fixed.

Highlighted
duncan1873
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 9, 2017

Re: Bose Universal Remote difficulty with Samsung Smart TV - Smart Hub button doesn't work

Hi Guys,

I have a Cinemate 130 & a Samsung UHD 4K tv which has all the latest bells & whistles. I use my TV remote which I set up via the 'Universal Remote' section on the menu bar on the TV. I can control my Sky HD box, access my TV apps & control my Cinemate 130 unit all via my TV remote. The good thing because of the link up if I turn my TV off the Bose unit powers down & likewise if I switch my TV on the Bose unit fires up.

I hope this help guys & goodluck.

Regards,

Duncan

GPerkins
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 19, 2017

Duncan,

My situation is a bit different but related.  I have a Samsung UHD Smart TV and have programmed the remote to control all but the Smart TV "go back" functionality.  ANy thoughts?

Glenn

duncan1873
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 9, 2017

Hi GPerkins,

why not use the Sumsung remote to control the Bose unit? I only really use the remote for changing the volume on the Bose unit which my Samsung (and my Sky remote) remote does just fine. That allows you complete functionality of your smart tv. I think that it controls it through the CEC standard. I tend to watch Sky which when I turn on my Sky box both the Bose unit & my Samsung TV automatically turn on & the Bose units detects that it's my Sky box & hey presto it's ready to go.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Duncan

GPerkins
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 19, 2017

Duncan,

I will give that a go ... I had not played with the universal remote settings on the TV.

Thanks

Glenn