Highlighted
Bose_Lover_AMP
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 10, 2017

Bose Wave Bluetooth Music Adapter - Not Pairing Up with Android Phone

I recently purchased a Wave Bluetooth Music adapter and connected it to my Bose Wave Radio III system.

As someone suggested in this forum, I followed all the troubleshooting instructions below:

***********************************************************************************************************************

First, I'd recommend resetting both the Wave system and the Bluetooth Music Adapter.

Disconnect the power cord from the Wave Music System III or Wave Radio III
Disconnect the Bluetooth Music Adapter
Wait 60 seconds
Reconnect the Bluetooth Music Adapter
Reconnect the Wave system's power cord
Retest the system.

If you are still experiencing issues after this, I'd next recommend re-pairing your device with the Bluetooth Adapter.

First, open the Bluetooth menu on your computer or mobile device.
Find the Bluetooth adapter and delete or forget the device from the list.
Next, turn on your Wave system and select the Bluetooth source:
Press the AUX button until BLUETOOTH appears on the Wave system display.
Put the Bluetooth Music Adapter into discoverable mode:
Press and hold down the Preset 5 (and Preset 6) button for five seconds
The indicator on the music adapter flashes steadily and DISCOVERABLE flashes on the Wave system display

On your computer or mobile device; Scroll through the Bluetooth device list and select BOSE ADAPTER. 

The Wave system emits a tone and BLUETOOTH appears on the display when the connection is ready for use.

***********************************************************************************************************************

And did the same thing using my other Bose Wave systems in the house to make sure that the issue is not with the Bose Wave Radio III unit. One thing I need to mention is I do not have issue with my other BT adapter as it is connecting fine.

Is it possibly a defective adapter? I see lights on the BT adapter so it is not DEAD.

If it is defective, what could cause the BT adapter to malfunction? Is there any way to fix it?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose Wave Bluetooth Music Adapter - Not Pairing Up with Android Phone

Hello @Bose_Lover_AMP,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear this is not working for you. It looks like you have performed all the steps we would suggest. I would contact your local service group for further assistance. If you go HERE, select your country, scroll to the bottom of the page, choose Contact Us and a phone number will be displayed.

Let us know if this helps.

Kind Regards,

Joel