Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2017

Bose Wave Radio CD player - does not play cds

Hello I just purchased a used wave radio CD player and the CD player is not working.  When I press play the CD was spinning and would show track 1 but nothing would happen.  Now nothing is happening.  I unpluged it for about an hour and tried again, but still nothing.

Physcially the unit is in great shape so I doubt it has been abused.

It is model:  AWRC-1G and serial number:  022373C1022 5146A

Do I need to take it in for repairs or is there anything else I can try first?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Bose Wave Radio CD player - does not play cds

Author Accepted Answer selected by Greg_B

Hi Thunderbolt, 

Can you check to see if there is still a 9V battery connected? This would be located at the bottom of the unit, behind the battery door. If there is still one connected, please try to disconnect this, let the system sit unplugged for a minute, and reconnect it to power and see if you have any luck. If standard CDs still don't play, there could be something wrong with the CD mech. Please go to the site HERE, select your region, click "Support" at the top of the page, then scroll down to "Contact Us" and give them a call to see if they have service options.

Thank you 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Greg_B

Hi Thunderbolt, 

Can you check to see if there is still a 9V battery connected? This would be located at the bottom of the unit, behind the battery door. If there is still one connected, please try to disconnect this, let the system sit unplugged for a minute, and reconnect it to power and see if you have any luck. If standard CDs still don't play, there could be something wrong with the CD mech. Please go to the site HERE, select your region, click "Support" at the top of the page, then scroll down to "Contact Us" and give them a call to see if they have service options.

Thank you 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

Thanks for this info. I trued the reset and it worked!!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2018

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Lmisso,

Thanks for posting. If you have tried the troubleshooting steps offered by Brent_B and it doesn't help, I would contact your local support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2018

I changed the battery that I had forgotten about and it spins again!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2020

CD is not playing properly even though CD cleaner has been used on Wave Music System.