Highlighted
swastik82
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 23, 2015

Bose Wave Soundtouch - CD player issues

Hello

I own a Wave Soundtouch system. Recently the CD player is giving issues and below are examples of the same:-

1. When switching from Radio or Soundtouch, to CD, it shows "Reading Disc" but stays like that and does not start to play. Switching off and then pressing CD starts to play the disc

2.  If I try to skip track sometimes it plays and sometimes it does not play. The timer for CD stays stuck at 0.00

3. However, if I eject the disc the insert it, it plays properly.

4. I have tried will all type of CDs, burned disc as well and proper discs, but get the issue with all.

This issue is happening for last 2 weeks. I believe that it is due to dust on the CD reader inside the system as a result of which it may not be able to read the disc properly.

Any suggestion will help.

Thanks

Swastik 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Bose Wave Soundtouch - CD player issues

Hello Swastik. Thank you for reaching out for help. We would suggest resetting the system by unplugging the power for a full 60 seconds. If that fails to resolve it, it would be best to speak with local service HERE to explore this further. 

Sharky
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 14, 2017

My system keeps saying non playable and it doesn't matter what quality of CD and I be been a wave customer and fan because of sound quality amazing however I had to give up on my previous CD changer CDs would get stuck wouldn't switch so for this to be happening to recent new unit is very disappointing

Hi Sharky, 

I'm very sorry to hear that. Curiously, have you tried unplugging the system from power for a solid minute to see if that helps? If it doesn't, please reach out to your local service group. If you go to the site HERE, select your country, click "Support" in the upper right, scroll down and click on "Contact Us", you should see their phone number. 

Thank you 

trawets
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

trawets
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

my system says mot playable why?

Hi trawets,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having.

Can you try unplugging the power from your system for 30 seconds, plugging back in and trying the CD again?  And can you try multiple CDs?

If it still displays "NOT PLAYABLE" you will need to contact your local support center to arrange for service.

Best Regards,

Brandon