Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 25, 2016

Bose Wave Soundtouch III Wifi, AirPlay, Bluetooth

Understood that you have to have a BWST IV for Wifi, AirPlay and Bluetooth.   Since the III does not have Bluetooth is there a way to connect an Android mobile device through WiFi and how do you do it?  

If not it seems that Bose missed the boat on not having a spare BoseLink outlet on the SoundTouch pedestal to plug in the Bluetooth Music Adapter. You could unplugged the Soundtouch from the BMWS III and plug in the Bluetooth adapter, but that is not 2012-2015 technology.  Or am I missing something?

Since I am not familiar with AirPlay and brief websearch is not obvious

-   Is Airplay just to project music information to the BWMS III Display and/or

-   Does it work like bluetooth and allow Apple only devices to link wirelessly to the BWST III.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: Bose Wave Soundtouch III Wifi, AirPlay, Bluetooth

Hello seegek. While Airplay is no used in our wifi products, we have a perfect solution for you to integrate your Android and your Wave without a wired connection. THIS ADAPTER allows compatibility for two types of wireless technology, Bluetooth and SoundTouch. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2017

Hi,

I have Bose Wave III and would like to buy pedestal for this model. Does it work?

Lukas

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 25, 2016

The Soundtouch WiFi Pedestal for the BWMS III ONLY listed on Amazon by seller Electronics Toners Languages et al

Bose Wave WiFi SoundTouch Pedestal Model 412534 Graphite Grey Black for Bose Wave Music System III

in the following colors, conditions and prices plus $12 shipping.

1. Platinum White NEW for $169.97, says Like New but read the condition  note that specifies New
  2. Titanium Silver Like New for $149.99
  3. Glossy Pearl White Limited Edition for $169.99, says Like New but read the condition  note that specifies New
  4. Graphite Grey Black $139.99 by another Amazon seller Reconditioned Music Systems (check with them to make sure the pedestal is for BWMS III)
The BWMS III pedestals that only do WiFi, that I have listed are all for the BWMS III and are not compatible with the BWMS IV due to hardware/firmware/software differences. 832-621 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2017

Hi

Thank you very much for reply. Unfortunetely those pedestals are not possible to ship in Europe, so I was wondering if there is any official delivery stream.

Best

Lukas

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 25, 2016

Sure they ship to Europe from the seller Electronics Toners Languages et al.

However, before you order, you must call Bose Techical Support for your country at https://global.bose.com/en_us/index.html

to make sure that the US produced pedestal is compatible with the voltage, analog and/or digital communication and WiFi protocol through the 9 pin BoseLink pigtail that connects to your European purchased Bose Wave Music System III.  

Please let me know the answer.